Healthcare coverage: I am a student from a European country, what is my status for the 2019/2020 Academic Year?

If you were eligible for student social security during the 2018-2019 academic year (LMDE or SMEREP), your affiliation will be automatically transferred, in September 2019, to the general social security centre (CPAM). You will be able to set up an online account on the website so that you can check your reimbursements, manage your account and download certificates.

If you have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), you may continue to use it.

You can also choose to join your local Caisse primaire d'assurance maladie (CPAM) should you decide to join the general French social security system. Consider requesting the S1 Form (certificate of entitlement to health care in another EEA country) provided via the social security authority in your home country.

Back to top