Home>Get involved>Student associations and initiatives>Student initiatives
Student initiatives are limited-duration projects led by one or more students in a variety of fields such as culture, education, sport, the environment, solidarity, health, civic engagement or the fight against discrimination.
A selection procedure is held at the beginning of each semester, and applies to all campuses.
Some examples of student initiatives: an art exhibition, a series of conferences, a film screening, live performance, festival, voluntary work or awareness-raising.
The selected initiatives can benefit during a semester or an academic year from the same resources as those made available to recognised student associations.
A new student association that has been initially selected as a student initiative for at least one semester will be eligible to apply for recognition at the start of the next academic year.
For further details, please refer to the Student Life regulations articles 19 to 21 (PDF, 54 Ko).
How to submit a student initiative: step by step
- Submission of student initiative projects: applicants are invited to submit their projects online
- Publication of eligible projects : eligible projects will be presented to students on each campus at the beginning of each semester (end September/beginning October for the autumn semester; end January/beginning February for the spring semester).
- Recording of student votes: a dedicated website is set up during the campaign. In order for initiatives to be selected, they must obtain, on each campus where they wish to operate, either 5% of votes by the student body on a regional campus or 120 student votes on the Paris campus. Each Sciences Po student (including 3rd-year students) can vote for up to 3 projects on their own campus.
- Selection of student initiatives: campaign results will be communicated to the Student Life and Education Committee (CVEF). The list of selected student initiatives is confirmed for a duration not exceeding the current academic year.
Should you have any questions, please contact your campus team or Baptiste Vivien, Student Engagement Manager.
|Steps||Autumn semester 2022/2023||Spring semester 2022/2023|
|1. Submission of projects||From 1st July to 18 September 2022||From 1st December 2022 to 22 January 2023|
|2. Publication to students||From 26 September 2022||From 30 January 2023|
|3. Recording of votes||From 28 to 30 September 2022||From 1st to 3 February 2023|
|4. Validation by the board||3 October 2022||6 February 2023|
DOWNLOAD THE GUIDE TO CAMPUS LIFE
Student Life contacts
Director of Student Life
Student Engagement Manager
Marion de Peretti
In charge of student associations
- Dijon: Ismaël Combette
- Le Havre: Anne Petit
- Menton: Solène Hoy-Kehili
- Nancy: Alexandra Brun
- Poitiers: Yvonnick Nibaudeau
- Reims: Anne-Charlotte Amaury
Student life regulations
The Student Life Regulations (PDF, 357 Ko), adopted by the Student Life & Education Committee (Conseil de la vie étudiante et de la formation), set down a frame of reference and determine how Sciences Po students may exercise their political, cultural, community and student union activities.