Your healthcare coverage in France
The French social security system offers health insurance to all students free of charge.
Get everything you need to know about how healthcare coverage in France works, how to register with the social security system and how to apply for a reimbursement of your medical costs.
Where and how can I access medical support?
The Sciences Po Health Centre is available on all campuses to provide free and confidential medical appointments in French or English.
Near campus medical services are also open to students:
Health Centre's workshops: care, health and well-being
Sciences Po offers a wide range of resources to help support student wellbeing. These focus on stress management, mindfulness, meditation and creativity.
Promotion & prevention
Our Student Health Representatives (ERS) work alongside staff at the Sciences Po Health Centre to organise initiatives promoting health and wellbeing, raising awareness amongst students and providing information across a variety of themes.
In an Emergency
- Dial 112 for emergency services throughout the European Union
- Dial 15 for the SAMU (French emergency medical services)
- Dial 18 for your nearest fire station, which also administers first aid
- Dial 3624 for SOS médecin, a round-the-clock house visit service (calls cost 12 c/minute)
- Duty chemist/night pharmacies in Île de France (FR) or around France (FR)
- All hospitals have emergency services (FR)