Scholarships and financial aid for European students
Please note: European Students are students from a European Union member state country (other than France) or from a European Economic Area (EEA) member country.
CROUS bursaries (based on household income)
European students who have studied in France for at least one year are eligible to apply for the CROUS needs-based bursary by completing a Student Social File (Dossier Social Etudiant)(fr.) on the CROUS website from the 15th January. Students are required to apply every year and must complete their application before the 15th May.
Sciences Po Europe bursary
Sciences Po has established a very ambitious social aid policy in favour of European students for their first year of study in France. European students who fulfill the eligibility requirements, will be able to apply for the Sciences Po Europe bursary.
Students from an EU member state country, a European Economic Area (EEA) member country and Switerzerland are eligible to apply for the Sciences Po Europe bursary.
You will also need to meet other eligibility requirements in relation to age and income. Criteria used for awarding the Sciences Po Europe bursary is similar to those used by the Crous establised every year through a ministerial circular (FR).
Please ensure that you check your Crous eligibility by calculating your Crous level on the Crous website (FR) before applying to the Sciences Po Europe bursary and that you prepare your documents according to your situation including :
- Tax notice showing all income for both parents or for the tax household to which you are attached for 2019. Read the Methodology for Tax residence in the European Economic Area (EEA) (PDF, 126 Ko);
- Proof of enrollment for any brothers and sisters enrolled in higher education for the 2021/2022 academic year;
- An administrative document (family booklet, birth certificate for exampe) summarising the number of brothers and sisters in your household;
- Proof of a change of situation.
If you are eligible and depending on your parents' gross income and family expense points (points de charge), you will be placed in one of the existing levels (0bis to 7).
You will thus benefit from :
- a tuition fee waiver bursary;
- a cost of living bursary (disbursed in 10 monthly installments from September to June).
Sciences Po Europe bursary is only awarded during the first year of study in France. For the second year of study it will be possible to apply for the Crous bursary through their dedicated website.
Important information: Students are not authorised to accumulate the Sciences Po Europe bursary with any other bursary, grant or scholarship and in particular a bursary, grant or scholarship awarded by a foreign government.
How to apply?
You can submit your application for the Sciences Po Europe bursary as soon as you have been accepted to Sciences Po. The deadline for applications is the 20th May 2021.
The online application form will be open again from the 18th to the 30th June 2021 for students accepted to Sciences Po after the 20th May.
To apply, you will need to:
- Complete and submit the online application form by logging in with your Sciences Po email address (email@example.com) and including all requested supporting documents.
- Please ensure that your supporting documents are clearly legible, translated into French or English, and in pdf, png, jpeg format and ˂ 5 Mo in size;
- If your application is incomplete, we will remind you only once. Incomplete applications or received after the deadline will not be dealt with.
- If you have already received the certificate confirming your Sciences Po Europe bursary by email, you will need to upload it at step 5 of your administrative registration;
- If you have not yet received the certificate confirming your Sciences Po Europe bursary by email, you will need to request additional time at step 5 of your administrative registration;
- If your bursary application is unsuccessful, you will receive a rejection notification and will need to upload this document in order to finalise your administrative registration. Sciences Po will then carry out a calculation of your tuition fees.
We aim to deal with your application within two weeks starting from when you have submitted your bursary application, only if your application is complete and including all translations in French or English.
Please Note: a bursary application does not guarantee that the bursary will be awarded and in case of non-eligibility, a tuition fees calcuation will be carried out by the administrative registration office.
Any incomplete or non-eligible Sciences Po Europe bursary applications will be finalised as non-bursary holder students. A tuition fee calculation will automatically be carried out for students whose parents have a tax residence in Europe. Students whose parents’ tax residence is situated outside of Europe will be required to pay the maximum amount of tuition fees.
Workshop open to students
Students can take part in a workshop "Applying for the Sciences Po Europe bursary".
The objective is to:
- help you with your Sciences Po Europe bursary application online;
- answer your questions.
The workshops take place on Friday 7th May and Friday 11th June 2021 from 4pm to 5pm: Take part in our workshop. No pre-registration is necessary.