A "Welcome Pack" for the newcomer students
- Welcome Pack ©Cienpies Design
The start of the Spring semester of the 2020/2021 academic year allows all of our students to embark on a new semester or year at Sciences Po in a safe and serene manner. With both physical campuses and an all-new digital campus available to them, courses have been redesigned to best suit all students.
To meet health requirements and maintain equality between students regardless of their country of origin, Sciences Po has set up a new academic offer.
In order to provide students with all the useful information for the success of their semester or year, here is the "Welcome Pack" which gathers all the necessary items for a good understanding of Sciences Po and a personalized support by the dedicated teams.
This page offers the possibility to discover the welcome speech of the international direction, to watch the presentations of the programmes and the teams, to prepare the academic semester, to register on social networks and applications, to get involved with the student associations, and to appreciate French culture.
Discover the welcome speech of the International Direction
Watch the welcome video from the Vice President for International Affairs, Vanessa Scherrer, to the attention of exchange students.
Watch the presentations of programmes and teams
Admitted in Undergraduate College
The Sciences Po Undergraduate College offers undergraduate degree programmes in the social sciences and humanities. It is made up of a network of seven campuses: Dijon, Le Havre, Menton, Nancy, Paris, Poitiers and Reims
- Watch the video of Sciences Po's campuses visits
- Watch the video of the Undergraduate Collège
- Watch the campus plan
Admitted in Masters
Our graduate programmes provide students with both an in-depth academic background in the social sciences and hands-on experience of the professional field they aim to work in.
- The School of Public Affairs
- The School of International Affairs (PSIA)
- The Law School
- The School of Research
- The School of Management and Innovation
- The Urban School
- The Journalism School
The Sciences Po Library has a collection of 945,000 print items, 60 percent of which are in languages other than French, and close to 40,000 electronic resources accessible to the entire university community.
Each campus has its own library, with books and journals in the social sciences and humanities related to the courses offered on that campus.
The Library operates as a network between the seven Undergraduate College campuses, so although the main collection is located in Paris, students from the regional campuses can access it through a specific loan system.
- Consult the website of the Paris campus Library.
- Consult the information of the Library for the regional campuses.
Sciences Po Bookstore is the nearest place to get your books and discover all of Sciences Po. 2 million French books and English imports are available in stock or to order and 785 e-books.
Besides academic readings, essays and new releases, you can also find a great selection of Sciences Po merchandise (notebooks, mugs, t-shirts and hoodies…)
Administrative procedures and services
Sciences Po supports the students in all of their administrative procedures during their studies. Discover the newsletter for the start of the academic year with the relevant information about :
- The administrative registrations
- The delivery of the student cards
- The students services workshops
- The students’ ambassadors
- The orientation days "Meet the Services"
Sciences Po has adapted all the welcome and support process so that the start of the school year takes place under the best possible conditions, whether on site or remotely. Discover the intake guidance (PDF, 138 Ko).
Prepare the academic semester
- Prepare by reading the student handbook.
- Prepare by consulting the Methodological Tool Box of the Undergraduate College.
Teachings reserved for exchange students
A Moodle page has been created, with two courses available, reserved for the exchange students. The email Sciences Po and the password will be required to access the Moodle page.
- A methodology course (on video), by Leonardo Orlando and a booklet on methodology to be consulted additionally
- A conference on the French current events (on video), by Alicia-Dorothy Mornington
- An introduction session on the French History of art (on video), by Pascale Martinez
- Leonardo Orlando is an Affiliate Junior Researcher at the Center for International Studies of Sciences Po (Paris). He holds a PhD in political science and international relations (Sciences Po), and bachelor’s and master’s degrees in philosophy (Université Paris I Sorbonne). His research focuses on environmental conflicts and cooperation, and on biological, evolutionary, and neuroscientific approaches to political science and international relations.
- Alicia-Dorothy Mornington is a senior lecturer at the Pantheon-Sorbonne University - Paris 1 She is a researcher at the Center for Contemporary Philosophy of the Sorbonne and at the CEVIPOF of Sciences Po. She is an alumna of Sciences Po, UCL (University College of London), York University (UK). She holds a PhD in politics, as well as the French “aggregation”. Her research focuses on the history of political ideas, the role of the state and in particular in liberalism. She has held several research positions at Oxford University (Nuffield College), Columbia University, and the London School of Economics.
- Pascale Martinez has a doctorate in art history from the École du Louvre. She teaches art history at the Catholic University of Ouest Angers and at Sciences Po Paris. She is a specialist in the relationship between the arts and popular culture, and her current research focuses on the popularization of history in entertainment companies.
Register on the social networks and mobile applications
Sciences Po App
Staying up to date on Sciences Po’s happenings has never been easier! Find all of our latest news and our calendar of events directly on your mobile with our app that connects you to Sciences Po in real-time.
The Sciences Po app has been designed to serve your needs, complete with a timetable, campus maps, latest news… Everything at your fingertips, everywhere and all the time!
Whaller, the digital campus social network
Sciences Po joins forces with the social network Whaller, to further enhance our digital campus.
Set up in France in February 2014 by the entrepreneur Thomas Fauré, Whaller is a social network respectful of your data and advertising-free. Associations, projects, centres of interest… access the spheres of your choice.
Launching an project? Create your sphere of discussion and invite your friends from the Sciences Po community.
Welcome to Whaller, the Sciences Po social network.
Get involved with the students associations
Every year, some 200 student associations or initiatives of all kinds contribute to the dynamism of student life throughout the different Sciences Po campuses.
- Discover the students associations and initiatives
- Student associations and initiatives, sports and cultural activities, student events, wellbeing workshops, student engagement: prepare for your year with the guide to campus life.
- Watch the video : Your first steps at Sciences Po
- For new incoming exchange students, the students associations BDE (Bureau des Elèves – Student office) and Melting Potes has opened a Facebook group and a Whatsapp group.
- Every campus offers student associations, discover the list for:
Appreciate French culture
Appreciate French culture through videos :
- The beauty of France by France.fr
- The magic of Paris by l’office de tourisme de Paris
- The French cultural specificities by France 24
Appreciate the cultural offers online
Appreciate the valuable information from the sites of the tourist offices of the cities of our campuses:
- Paris campus: email@example.com
- Reims campus: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other campuses: https://www.sciencespo.fr/college/en/about/contacts.html
- PSIA: email@example.com
- School of Public Affairs: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Law School: email@example.com
- Doctoral School: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Urban School: email@example.com
- School of Management and Innovation:
- Finance & Strategy: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing & Marketing New Luxury Art de Vivre: email@example.com
- Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Communication, Medias and Creative Industries: email@example.com
- International Management and Sustainability: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Innovation & Digital Transformation: email@example.com
- Administrative office: https://forms.sciencespo.fr/en/contact-accueil-administratif
- Accomodation, Visa, Banks: https://forms.sciencespo.fr/en/contact-services-etudiants
- Erasmus Office: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Learning agreements (Direction Internationale):
- Student Exchanges Team: email@example.com
- Health services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Disability and support services: email@example.com
- Harassment: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Secretary General for Institutional Equity and Diversity: email@example.com
Bookstore and Library