Student welfare and support
Sciences Po's Student Welfare and Support Office offers:
- information on the social coverage system and the healthcare system;
- help with applying for housing benefit with the French governmental agency CAF;
- one-off emergency financial assistance under certain conditions;
- information and help for finding a student job;
- information on all of your administrative formalities (opening a bank account for example, public transport, etc.).
The Student Welfare and Support Office works closely with:
- The Sciences Po Health Centre
- The Crous social workers, Sophie Roidot and Bénédicte Lacroix:
- Ph. 01 40 46 34 34 or 01 40 46 22 95
- Address: La Sorbonne - 1 rue Victor Cousin - Galerie Claude Bernard - Stairwell U - first floor - Office E665 and E666
The team at Sciences po will work with you to consider your specific circumstances, discuss appropriate solutions, inform you and guide you towards the available sources of support. It works in close collaboration with other Sciences Po offices and departments and can refer you to specialised services (medical, legal and academic) that can provide complementary support.
Crous specific financial aids
The Crous can grant specific financial aids intended for scholarship and non-scholarship students facing financial difficulties.
You may be able to benefit from a one-off financial aid during the academic year and in some cases, several one-off financial aids may be exceptionnaly granted during the same academic year.
National telephone number for emergency aid and support
In order to better inform students about specific financial aids and the different adminnistrative formalities, the Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MESRI) and the National Center for University and School Works (CNOUS) have created a unique telephone number: 0 806 000 278, open Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 17.00, price of an un-taxed local call.
An advisor will be on hand to offer advice regarding the different help and support you can benefit from and explain how you can request it from your local Crous.