Other housing options
In Paris and on our regional campuses
Crous student housing
Who can apply?
- Students receiving Crous needs-based financial aid
- Students with a disability enrolled in a full degree programme
- International students, students receiving a scholarship from the French government or a foreign government (managed by the Crous)
How to apply?
- If you are eligible, you need to complete a student social file (Dossier Social Étudiant (fr.)) between 15th January and 15th May of each academic year to apply for Crous housing.
- If you are an international student, you will receive a Crous housing offer directly from Campus France as the holder of a French or foreign government scholarship.
Student residence halls are independent from Sciences Po. All student residences in France are run either by a governmental agency or private businesses and are open to all university students in the city, regardless of the institution they are attending.
Student residences are made up of furnished apartments (mainly studios), and offer a range of services: laundry, gym, general supervision, etc.
- Lokaviz - central platform for Crous housing (fr.): Look for housing in a Crous residence, a studio or flat on your own, or a shared flat
- Adele - the student housing website since 1997: Look for accommodation in a private student residence. You can apply and sign your tenancy agreement online
- Studylease - student housing website: Look for accommodation in a private student residence. You can apply and sign your tenancy agreement online
Real Estate professionials
Please note: Letting agent fees are set at between €11 and €15 per square metre of living according geographical location.
Lodgis (discounted letting agent fees for Sciences Po students)
Website : http://www.lodgis.com/en/
If you are a student or faculty member at Sciences Po, you are eligible for a discount on letting agent fees:
- 5% discount on letting agent fees under €500
- 10% discount on letting agent fees between €500 and €1,500
- 15% discount on letting agent fees over €1,500
Paris Attitude (discounted letting agent fees for Sciences Po students)
If you are a student or faculty member at Sciences Po, you are eligible for a 10% discount on letting agent fees and a special contact at Paris Attitude.
Find out more
We also suggest you look at the list of real estate professionals throughout France.
Sharing a large flat between two or more students is an appealing and cost-effective alternative, particularly in big cities with a shortage of single person accommodation.
Intergenerational and solidarity housing, housing exchange
Several organisations offer to put students in touch with homeowners to find homestay accommodation, sometimes in exchange for services.
- Réseau CoSI (intergenerational solidarity housing)(fr.)
- Ensemble2generations (fr.)
- Nooloji (for students on the Paris campus only)
Shared flats managed as part of solidarity projects allow young people to live with flatmates and engage with locals in working class neighbourhoods. Several associations offer this type of housing:
Support in Reims and Le Havre campus
Are you an international student in Reims?
The association Welcome2France works to promote intercultural housing. It can find you accommodation in private households and take care of the formalities. More information about Welcome2France.
Are you an international student in Le Havre?
The association AHLOET helps students find housing by putting them in contact with private landlords. The Le Havre campus is a member of AHLOET. More information about AHLOET.
In Paris only
Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris (CIUP)
Besides the housing offered as part of the partnership with Sciences Po, you can submit an admission request directly to the CIUP via their website: application for the CIUP.
The Cité Internationale Universitaire de Paris (CIUP) is unique in Paris. It offers the most student housing in the region, accommodating more than 5,800 young people. The CIUP is located in the 14th arrondissement, less than 30 minutes from Sciences Po.
It offers accommodation for Master's students, principally from outside France.
The CIUP offers double and single rooms, with or without a private bathroom. All rooms at the CIUP are furnished.
International researchers: the CIUP offers accommodation for visiting international researchers at the Victor Lyon Foundation. You can contact the Sciences Po Housing Service indicating the dates of your stay in France for more information.
Living with a host family is great way to experience cultural and language immersion. Several options are offered for students.
- Atome offers Sciences Po students access to a free cultural activity (“National Monuments” pass or a ticket to “How to become a Parisian in one hour“
- Familinb (fr.) enables Sciences Po students to benefit from a 10% discount on service fees.
- France Accommodation & Culture allows Sciences Po students to benefit from a 10% discount on the total price of any reservation of 90 nights or more.
- Homestay in Paris offers Sciences Po students a 5% discount on the booking deposit for any reservation of 90 nights or more.
- Student Homestay Europe provides Sciences Po students with a gourmet welcome dinner prepared by the host family as well as the first week's meals free of charge.
Student hostels are independent housing structures. They are often run by associations and are open to all students and young workers.
Hostels offer furnished individual or shared rooms. Reservations must be made very early in the year.
If you would like to book temporary accommodation while you find your long-term housing to be confirmed or if you arrive in Paris before the student residence halls open, you can inquire at the following establishments.
Youth hostels and cheap accomodation