Healthcare coverage: I was registered as a higher education student in France for the 2018-2019 academic year and I am registering again for 2019-2020. What organisation will provide my healthcare coverage?

As of September 2019, all the students will be covered by the Caisse primaire d'assurance maladie (CPAM).

If you were eligible for student social security during the 2018-2019 academic year (LMDE or SMEREP), your affiliation will be automatically transferred, in September 2019, to the CPAM. You will be able to set up an online account on the website so that you can check your reimbursements, manage your account and download certificates.

Back to top