Healthcare coverage: I am going abroad, what healthcare coverage do I need?

If you are European and will be staying in the EEA or Switzerland, you can use your European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). Otherwise you should subscribe to the health insurance offered by your host university or purchase a complementary mutuelle plan that will cover your health costs in the country to which you are travelling. See our health insurance options page.

Back to top