Many organisations are currently seeking volunteers to care for individuals in isolation, to maintain a sense of community, and to help those who are most vulnerable and disadvantaged.
Volunteer or Get Involved
- jeveuxaider.gouv.fr (FR): urgent and local assignments from the reserve civique (government platform).
- Tous bénévoles (FR), volunteer for remote missions
- benevolat.fr (FR): remote assignments, supporting organisations that have been seriously affected by the current situation, facilitated by intermediary organisations.
- Give blood with the French Blood Establishment (EFS) (FR): blood donations need to continue during the COVID-19 pandemic in order to respond to patients’ needs. You are allowed to travel to a donation centre so long as you are not experiencing any flu-like symptoms.
Simple actions to help protect your health and those around you:
- At all times, strive to maintain a safe distance of at least 1 metre between yourself and others.
- Always apply barrier gestures to protect yourself and others.
- Uphold and champion the safety measures and barrier gestures that you are recommending to beneficiaries and other volunteers.
- If you are at all concerned that you might be infected, inform the association and stay at home.
- If you suffer from an underlying illness, only engage in remote volunteer work that you can do from home, in order to best protect your health and that of others.
Find out more