Sciences Po and China
Sciences Po and China
China is a priority focus of Sciences Po's international policy. Since 2000, we have been cultivating our relations with China through strong university partnerships, recruitment of outstanding students and promotion of our research in China. Chinese students form the third largest group of international students at Sciences Po.
The mission of Sciences Po's permanent delegation in Beijing is to develop and coordinate research and education programmes and partnerships with Chinese universities. The delegation also works to promote Sciences Po in China, recruit students, negotiate and oversee exchange agreements, and coordinate the region's large alumni network.
Contact the Sciences Po delegation in China.
Teaching programmes on China
The Europe-Asia programme taught at the Le Havre campus offers courses in Sciences Po's core disciplines approached from a dual European and Asian perspective.
The Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA) offers concentrations on eight regions. China and East Asian Studies is one of the concentrations available.
The Urban School offers a concentration on Asian cities in its Master of Governing the Large Metropolis
Programmes in partnership with Chinese-speaking universities
Sciences Po has 22 university partnerships in China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. See the list of partner universities.
Dual Bachelor's degree
Dual Bachelor's degree with the University of Hong Kong
Dual Master's degrees
- Dual Master of Communication and Media with Fudan University (Shanghai, China)
- Dual Master's programme, Europe and Asia in Global Affairs with Fudan University (Shanghai, China)
- Dual Master's programme with Peking University (Beijing, China)
Sciences Po welcomes university students on exchange from its Chinese and East Asian partners every year. Sciences Po students also complete exchanges at these universities, either in their third undergraduate year or during their Master's programme.
In China, Sciences Po students can study in either Chinese or English according to their language proficiency. They can also take intensive Chinese courses.
The Center for International Studies (CERI) at Sciences Po brings together internationally recognized specialists on China, who address China-related issues from the perspective of international relations, comparative law and sociology. Find out more about the China doctoral seminar.
Rencontres Europe-Chine: This cooperation programme run by the Master of European Affairs includes lectures on China at Sciences Po, videoconferences with Fudan university as part of the dual degree, and academic seminars in collaboration with several Chinese universities on Europe-China relations.
Academic and scientific cooperation
Sciences Po offers China its academic and scientific expertise in public policy and international relations, particularly in the fields of law, the green economy and health.
Law, Justice and Society in China programme (FR): Comparative research and teaching programme involving about twenty universities and research centres in France, the US and China.
"Aging Population: New Challenges for Public Policy" (PDF, 300Ko) conference in November 2015, organized by the Sciences Po Health Chair and the Central University of Finance and Economics (Beijing, China).
Cooperation with Tsinghua University
- Sciences Po-Tsinghua Initiative for Public Policy in collaboration with the School of Public Policy & Management at Tsinghua University.
- Green Economy (FR) agreement established in 2014 between Sciences Po and Tsinghua University, including scientific and academic cooperations and a joint research project.
- Tsinghua University is also a strategic partner of Make it Work.
- MOOC World Space in Chinese: the result of cooperation between Sciences Po and Tsinghua University, this project includes translation of the online course as well as cooperation for the transfer of expertise from the Sciences Po mapping workshop.
Sciences Po's expertise is increasingly in demand in China, particularly on issues such as public policy, health care, the legal system or environmental protection. Sciences Po Executive Education regularly trains delegations of Chinese civil servants and cooperates with Sciences Po's partners for its training programmes in China.