The Fondation Nationale des Sciences Politiques
The Fondation nationale des sciences politiques (FNSP) is responsible for the strategic direction and administrative and financial management of Sciences Po.
THE ROLE OF THE FONDATION NATIONALE DES SCIENCES POLITIQUES' (FNSP) BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The FNSP Board of Directors has 25 members.
To effectively play its strategic oversight role, the board’s composition is modelled on the boards of trustees of many foreign institutions, ensuring the requisite independent views are obtained with a majority of outside members.
Following the reform of the statutes in 2016, the board is now open to Sciences Po students, permanent faculty and teaching associates. Two government representatives also sit on the Board.
COMPOSITION OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
The FNSP Board of Directors is made up of:
- The vice president of the Conseil d’État
- The chair of the Institute’s Board of Directors (IEP de Paris) and the chair of the board of directors of the Institute’s alumni association
- A professor from Collège de France
- Three FNSP staff representatives, including an elected management representative (non-faculty), an elected non-management representative and the secretary of the works council
- Three faculty representatives under permanent contract with the FNSP, the IEP de Paris or the research units of which the IEP is a part
- An elected teaching associate/adjunct representative from the IEP de Paris
- Two elected student representatives from the IEP de Paris
- A staff union representative and an employers’ union representative
- Ten representatives from academia, public affairs, business or the non-profit sector, or major donors to the FNSP.
of students receive scholarships/financial aid
members of the permanent faculty
events per year