China Scholarship Council (CSC)
China Scholarship Council (CSC), a non-profit institution affiliated with the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, supports Chinese students who wish to studyat theParis School of International Affairs (PSIA), Sciences Po and intend to pursue a career in international organizations.
The following seven Masters are open to candidates of CSC Scholarship Program:
- International Security
- International Governance and Diplomacy
- International Economic Policy
- International Development
- Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Environmental Policy
- International Energy
Candidates to CSC Scholarship Program shall meet the selection criteria set out by CSC as following:
- Be a citizen of the People’s Republic of China.
- Under the age of 28 at the time of application.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree, while having the experience of working in an international organization as an intern or other type of work for at least 6 months; or
- Be enrolled in the final year of a master degree programme; or
- Hold a Master’s degree.
- Receive an offer of admission for a two year Master’s degree program at PSIA;
- Commit to obtaining at least 6 months working experience (including internship) in an international organization during the two year Master’s degree program at PSIA, or within one(1)year of graduation.
The CSC scholarship may not be combined with other scholarships such as the Eiffel orBoutmy scholarships.
CSC will provide successful candidates with a full scholarship: including tuition fees, a monthly allowanceas prescribed by the Chinese Government (which includes health insurance) for up to two (2) years, as well as a return international airfare.
Application and selection process
Candidates must first apply to study at one of the seven 2-year master programs offered by PSIA, Sciences Po. Applications should be completed on Sciences Po's Admissions website. For the 2024 intake, candidates of CSC scholarship program must submit the application with all required documents by 7 January 2024.
In March or in April 2024, all candidates are required to complete the scholarship application on CSC website, including the submission of an unconditional admission letter from PSIA. CSC will evaluate and make the final decision about its scholarship. Qualified candidates will be invited to participate CSC's interview. The final scholarship result will come out before summer.