Autumn 2021: in-person teaching and a renewed student life
- Start of the academic year on the Reims campus @Thomas Arrivé/Sciences Po
After an unusual and eventful academic year, the start of the 2021/2022 year is intended as a "return to normal". All Sciences Po teams are working to prepare the conditions for reception and teaching in person for all students, on all campuses, with the academic year starting at the end of August and a return to the usual academic calendar, always in respect of the governmental regulations in force.
We are aware that some of our students may face health problems or have travel restrictions imposed which prevent them from joining our campuses at the beginning of the year. Accordingly, distance learning will remain available for the students concerned.
The adapted Academic Rules and Regulations will be maintained, requiring attendance of face-to-face, hybrid or distance learning courses, as appropriate.
Strengthening student experience and campus life
Sciences Po would not be itself without its dynamic campus life, which has been sorely missed! Despite the health crisis, numerous events, conferences, workshops and activities, as diverse as they were enriching, could be held in person or remotely. For the 2021/2022 academic year, our teams are working on a fuller intensified and inclusive student life programme.
The Sciences Po teams, and in particular the administrative, social and health support teams, will continue to support students affected by the situation to achieve their academic goals.
A renewed project for Sciences Po
The election of Laurence Bertrand Dorléac as Chairperson of the Fondation Nationale des Sciences Politiques, which took place on 10 May 2021, will be followed by a process of designation of the new President of the Institut d'Études Politiques.
This new team will lead a renewed plan of action for Sciences Po, a world-class university for research in the humanities and social sciences, which takes its social and ethical responsibility seriously.
How to prepare for the start of the new academic year?
Are you joining Sciences Po for the start of the 2021 academic year? In order to prepare yourself as well as possible, it is strongly advised to start any required administrative procedures and research as soon as possible, particularly concerning visa and residence permits applications.
Here are some elements to help you prepare:
- Sciences Po offers an institutional platform dedicated to housing opportunities and can provide support tailored to your needs when it comes to finding somewhere to live.
- Sciences Po’s visa support service can provide information and assistance regarding the process of applying for or renewing a visa or residence permit.
- The Student Welfare and Support Office can assist you individually in all administrative processes relating to your arrival in France (opening a bank account, travel cards etc), as well as in applications for financial aid.
- Sciences Po's Health Centre is available to welcome, inform and advise students on all questions relating to medical or psychological support.
- The Disability Support Service ensures that your studies run as smoothly as possible and that you are integrated into student life.
- Discover our Paris Campus or one of the 6 regional campuses around France that you’ll be joining next academic year. Each campus hosts a dynamic, united and multicultural student community.
Discover the message of Acting President Bénédicte Durand to the students and faculty of Sciences Po: