Data and Democracy
Annual conference organised by Sciences Po School of Public Affairs and the Chair Digital, Institutional Innovation and Governance.
Introduction by Yann Algan, Dean of the School of Public Affairs, Sciences Po
Key Note Speech: Network Propaganda: Manipulation, Disinformation, and Radicalization in American Politics,
by Yochai Benkler (photo), Berkman Professor of Entrepreneurial Legal Studies at Harvard Law School, and faculty co-director of the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University.
Panel « Polarization and Fake News »
- Dominique Cardon, Director of the medialab, Sciences Po
- Jen Schradie, Researcher Observatoire sociologique du changement, Sciences Po
- Sergei Guriev, Professor of Economics, Sciences Po.
Panel « Digital Gov and Civictech »
- Gilles Babinet, France’s Digital Champion for the European Commission, vice-President of the Conseil national du Numérique
- Paula Forteza, French National Deputy for the Second constituency for French residents overseas
- Antoine Brachet, Executive Director, Bluenove (moderation).
Yochai Benkler is the Berkman Professor of Entrepreneurial Legal Studies at Harvard Law School, and faculty co-director of the Berkman Klein Center for Internet and Society at Harvard University.
His books include « The Wealth of Networks: How social production transforms markets and freedom » (Yale University Press 2006), which won academic awards from the American Political Science Association, the American Sociological Association, and the McGannon award for social and ethical relevance in communications.
In 2012, he received a lifetime achievement award from Oxford University in recognition of his contribution to the study and public understanding of the Internet and information goods. His work is socially engaged, winning him the Ford Foundation Visionaries Award in 2011, the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s Pioneer Award for 2007, and the Public Knowledge IP3 Award in 2006. It is also anchored in the realities of markets, cited as “perhaps the best work yet about the fast moving, enthusiast-driven Internet” by the Financial Times and named best business book about the future in 2006 by Strategy and Business.
©Union Square Ventures