Home>Understanding the Metaverse with Dominique Boullier
Understanding the Metaverse with Dominique Boullier
In this episode of FOCUS, Sciences Po's video series that invites professors to approach their field from an unexpected angle, Dominique Boullier, researcher at the Centre for European Studies and Comparative Politics (CEE), explains the Metaverse and its implications for the future of social networks.
Situating the concept historically, he describes the various metaverses already in existence, Mark Zuckerberg’s plans to use this immersive experience to generate revenues, and the implications of his control over this operating system. In a political context in which the question of regulation is increasingly discussed, Dominique Boullier suggests that regulation may be the key to organizing collective life.
Find out more
- Read also: “Disability is a Cross-Cutting Issue": Anne Revillard on Contemporary Disability Rights;
- “Africa is a laboratory of modernity": Florence Bernault Shares Her Expertise;
- Learning from Crisis Management: FOCUS with Olivier Borraz
- Where Religion and Ethnicity Collide: Christophe Jaffrelot on Hindu Nationalism in India
- How the Brain Chooses Its Leaders: FOCUS with Lou Safra
- Digital Technology’s Effects on Journalism: FOCUS with Sylvain Parasie
DOWNLOAD OUR BROCHURE
Sciences Po at 150
Moving fluidly between past, present and future narratives, throughout 2022, Sciences Po draw on its history to look ahead to its future in a range of different formats and media.