Key dates for the start to the new academic year
- Students from the Sciences Po Campus of Nancy ©Martin Argyroglo
While many students will be enjoying their last days of vacation at the end of August, Sciences Po students will be starting the new academic year. Some students will be taking their first steps as freshmen while others will be returning to familiar ground. It's an important time marked by the different official start dates of the new academic year for each of the Undergraduate College campuses and the seven graduate schools. Find the complete program and get updates about the new academic year on Twitter via the hashtag #RentréeScpo.
The beginning of each new academic year is a formal occasion which celebrates the values and ambition of Sciences Po's educational programme. This is underscored in the inaugural lecture given by the guest of honour. It is often the first time that new students meet the director of the university, Frédéric Mion, and the pedagogical teams that will monitor their progress throughout the year. All the official start dates of the academic year are listed below for the Undergraduate College campuses (Bachelor level) and the seven Professional Schools (Master level).
- Tuesday 29 August: term starts at the Reims campus
- Wednesday 30 and Thursday 31 August: term starts at the Paris campus, with Pascal Brice (31 August), chief executive of the French Office for the Protection of Refugees and Stateless Persons (OFPRA)
- Thursday 31 August: term starts at the Le Havre campus which celebrates its 10th anniversary
- Friday 1 September: term starts at the Nancy campus
- Friday 8 September: term starts at the Menton campus, with Stéphane Lacroix, associate professor
- Monday 11 September: term starts at the Poitiers campus, with Edgar Morin, sociologist and philosopher
- Friday 29 September: term starts at the Dijon campus
- Wednesday 30 August: term starts at the School of Management and Innovation, with the theme “Rethinking prosperity” and an inaugural lecture by Bernard Stiegler, philosopher, followed by a round table with Jérôme Guillet (Green Giraffe), Mathilde Aglietta (Simplon/Ashoka), David Menascé (Azeo) and Constance Guisset.
- Friday 1 September: term starts at the School of Public Affairs, with Françoise Barré-Sinoussi, awarded the Nobel Prize in Medicine.
- Friday 1 September: term starts at the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), with Jean-Yves Le Drian, French Minister of Europe and Foreign Affairs.
- Friday 1 September: term starts at the School of Journalism, with Mike Pride, chairman of the Pulitzer Prizes.
- Friday 1 September: term starts at the Urban School, with Joan Clos, Executive Director of UN-Habitat.