Sciences Po on Parcoursup: follow the guide
- Searching for Sciences Po courses on Parcoursup
For the first time, undergraduate candidates from French secondary schools will submit their applications to Sciences Po on the Parcoursup platform. Registration and choice of preferences are open from the 21st of January to the 11th of March 2021. Here is a guide to your Parcoursup application.
NB : please note that the Parcoursup platform is only available in French.
Who should apply on Parcoursup?
All candidates currently enrolled in study for the general or technological French Baccalaureate in a French secondary school, including diplomas such as the Abibac (Fr), Bachibac (Fr) and Esabac (Fr), or the Mention Européenne or Option Internatonionale sections), in France or in a foreign country. Candidates from high schools participating in the Equal Opportunity Programme (CEP) should also apply on Parcoursup.
- Read our tips for writing your three admissions essays
- Read more about Undergraduate admissions: one procedure for all candidates
How to find Sciences Po’s programmes on the platform?
Follow our advice to make sure you find our programmes! If you just type “Sciences Po” on the Parcoursup search bar, our Bachelor’s degree programmes will not appear in the results.
This is the easiest route:
> Type “Institut d’études politiques de Paris” on the search bar. The nine Sciences Po Bachelor’s degree programmes, on our different campuses, will appear in the results.
> Or/and refer to our list of programmes and find their Parcoursup designation.
How do I choose my preferences?
Note that in Parcoursup, you can choose two categories of preferences (“voeux”) for Sciences Po:
> One preference for the Bachelor’s degree programme. Selecting this preference will give you access to two sub-preferences (sous-voeux) from among the programmes offered on each of the Undergraduate College’s different campuses:
- programme général (campus de Paris)
- programme européen Europe Centrale et Orientale (campus de Dijon)
- Europe-Asia programme (anglais, campus du Havre)
- programme Moyen Orient - Méditerranée (campus de Menton)
- Middle Eastern and Mediterranean programme (anglais, campus de Menton)
- programme européen franco-allemand (campus de Nancy)
- programme euro-latino-américain (campus de Poitiers)
- programme Europe-Afrique (campus de Reims)
- Europe-North America programme (anglais, campus de Reims)
> One or several preferences for a dual Bachelor’s degree programme with both international and French universities : refer to our list of programmes and find their Parcoursup designation.
On Parcoursup, you could be accepted in both the Bachelor’s degree programme and a dual Bachelor’s degree programme: if so, it is up to you to make the final decision on which programme you wish to join!
What’s new in 2021 ?
Application on Parcoursup is not the only novelty of this year’s admission campaign. Firstly, candidates can now apply to more than one dual degree programme (see above). Also, new dual Bachelor degrees were created this year: two Bachelor degrees of Arts and Sciences with the University of Paris, one called: “Sciences de la vie, spécialité Politiques du vivant et identités”, and the other “Mathématiques, spécialité algorithmes et décisions”.
When should I apply? The main deadlines:
- From the 20th of January to the 11th of March 2021: go on Parcoursup to register, chose your preference, and complete your application.
- From the 12th of March to the 8th of April: preferences confirmation and final completion of your application.
- In the course of April/May 2021: your application will be examined by Sciences Po.
- May 2021: interviews for candidates who obtained the necessary mark set by Sciences Po.
- End of May 2021: admission results (date to be confirmed)
- Read about undergraduate admissions
- Read about undergraduate admissions for applicants from French secondary schools