- Alumni & Donors
- About PSIA
- PSIA Master Programs
- Master in International Security
- Master in International Public Management
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Development
- Master in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Master in International Energy
- Master in Journalism and International Affairs
- One-year Tracks
- PSIA Concentration Programs
- PSIA Fundamental Courses
- International and National Dual Degrees
- PSIA Master Programs
- Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships
- Partnerships with major institutions
- Partnerships with foundations
- Partnerships with media
Home > PSIA Faculty Ricardo Luna appointed to UNESCO
PSIA Faculty Ricardo Luna appointed to UNESCO
PSIA Faculty Ricardo Luna appointed Permanent Delegate of the Republic of Peru to UNESCO.
PSIA Faculty Ricardo Luna has been appointed Permanent Delegate of the Republic of Peru to UNESCO. A career diplomat in the Peruvian Foreign Service for over forty years, Ricardo Luna has served as Ambassador to the United Nations (1989-92) and Ambassador to the United States (1992-99).
His multilateral professional experience began in the seventies working for the UN in Geneva in the areas of disarmament, trade and development and non-aligned issues. He has held numerous key positions both in the Ministry of Foreign Relations and abroad, serving in London, Tel Aviv, Geneva, Washington DC, New York, Paris and Quito. Subsequently, Ricardo Luna has been Undersecretary for Multilateral Affairs, a delegate to more than fifteen sessions of the UN General Assembly, and Deputy Representative to the Security Council during a critical phase of the Cold War at a time when Javier Perez de Cuellar, a senior colleague and fellow Peruvian national, was the U.N. Secretary General. In 1992 , he was appointed Ambassador of Peru to the United States, a position in which he remained until 1999. Having been directly involved in conflict solving processes in Central America, in the eighties, he played a key role in the Ecuador-Peru peace negotiations (1995-98).
Between 2006 and 2010 he was appointed ambassador of Peru to the United Kingdom. In July 2016 he was appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs President Pedro Pablo Kuczynski.
Ricardo Luna teaches a Fall seminar course at PSIA on Latin America in its Historical and International Context