Last update: 18 June 2020.
Find below the list of published articles and on-going projects conducted by our various research labs.
For live updates, follow @SciencesPo and @ScPoResearch.
Transnational Issues - Comparative Analysis
- Bertrand Badie - The Difficulty of Learning Global Security - 25 May, CERI website
- Martial Foucault (interview) - Citizens’ Responses to Covid-19: A Worldwide Comparison - 28 April, Sciences Po website
- Philipp Brandt & al. - Government crisis communication during the coronavirus crisis: Comparing France, Germany, and the United Kingdom - 21 April, CSO website
- Ettore Recchi & al. - Mobilities, neo-nationalism and the lockdown of Europe: will the European Union survive?, - 14 April, Centre on Migration, Policy, and Society website
- Karoline Postel Vinay - Diverse Political Narratives, Fed by Scientific Uncertainties - 9 April, CERI website
- Carola Kloeck - COVID-19 and Climate Change: What the Current Pandemic Means for Climate - 8 April, CERI website
Regions and Countries
- Simon Reich (associate) - COVID-19 Chaos in America: Before, During and Beyond Trump - 3 June, CERI website
- Laurent Bonnefoy - The Pandemic and the State in the Arabian Peninsula: Groundwork for Thought - 26 May, CERI website
- Natasha Wunsch - How Covid-19 is deepening democratic backsliding and geopolitical competition in the Western Balkans - 20 May, EUROPP LSE Blog
- Eberhard Kienle - The Corona Virus in the Middle East and North Africa: "Arab Exceptionalism," Once Again? - 20 May, CERI website
- Nazand Begikhani (Visiting Professor) - COVID-19, Gender and Cyber Violence in the Kurdistan Region - 19 May, CERI website
- David Camroux - COVID-19 and Strongman Rule in the Philippines - 15 May, CERI website
- Bayram Balci - Turkish Islam and COVID-19. Referring to History and Traditions - 6 May, CERI website
- Luis Martinez - COVID-19 in Algeria: For Whom Does the Bell Toll? - 27 April, CERI website
- Jean-Louis Rocca - Coronavirus, Neoconservatism and Totalitarianism: The Case of China - 9 April, CERI website
- Christophe Jaffrelot (interview) - The Situation in India - 6 April, CERI website
- Marc Lazar (interview) - The Situation in Italy - 6 April, CERI website
- Natasha Wunsch & al. - The Western Balkans in Times of the Global Pandemic- 1 April, Balkans in Europe Policy Advisory Group
Society & Political Life
Social Impacts - Inequalities
Covid Digital Life
- Jérôme Creel - Fiscal space in the euro area before Covid-19, May 2020, Working Paper OFCE
- Working After Covid-19: Cross-Country Evidence from Real-Time Survey Data by Martial Foucault & al - May 2020, Research note of the Project "The Citizens’ Attitudes"
- Extending loans and providing equity: the EIB and national development banks must act now, Matthias Thiemann & al - April 29th, Social Europe
- Covid-19 and the Mobilisation of Public Development Banks in the EU, Matthias Thiemann & al - April 20th, Policy Paper, Institut Jacques Delors
- Repair and reconstruct: A Recovery Initiative, Philippe Martin, Jean Pisani-Ferry et al., April 20th, VOX-EU
- Foreseeing in the dark. Macroeconomic Forecasting in a Health Crisis, Olivier Pilmis, 10 April, CSO website
- Lack of preparation for rare events and policy implications in the time of COVID-19, Bartosz Mackowiak, Mirko Wiederholt, March 19th, VOX-EU
Public Policy & Decision Making
- The four worlds of the social-ecological state, Eloi Laurent, 30 April, Social Europe website
- Pricing Lives in the Time of COVID-19, Ariel Colonomos, 27 April , CERI website
- What's in a crisis?, Olivier Borraz, 23 April, CSO website
- COVID-19, A Natural Disaster?, Sandrine Revet, 20 April, CERI website
- Health crisis: public opinion in France shows opposition to using mobile phones. Results of an online experiment, Sylvain Brouard, Martial Foucault, Eric Kerrouche and Pavlos Vasilopoulos - 13 April, CEVIPOF
- Pandemic: attitudes towards the measures that limit civil liberties, Sylvain Brouard, Martial Foucault and Eric Kerrouche - 12 April, CEVIPOF
- From Crisis Management Preparation… to the Time of Crisis, Olivier Borraz, 10 April, CSO website
Surveys & Data
- Coronavirus Country Comparator: a real-time visualisation tool for national and global health statistics, developed by Benjamin Ooghe-Tabanou, medialab
- The Center for Political Research (CEVIPOF), in cooperation with multiple partners, is carrying out a national and comparative survey “Citizens’ attitudes towards COVID-19”. Its main objective is to survey citizens on their reactions to public policies undertaken and on the trust they place in politicians and experts, making it possible to measure the impacts that the crisis could have on social cohesion.
Project and results
- Anne Muxel, CNRS research director at CEVIPOF launched the ARMY project in partnership with the Military School's Institute for Strategic Research (IRSEM). Its purpose is to analyse the mobilisation and role of the armed forces in this health crisis and their perception among the population in three sequences: 1- an examination of decision-making within the State and the General Staff of armies; 2 - an opinion study aimed in particular at evaluating the reception of military interventions with a representative panel of young French citizens; 3 - a comparative approach to the mobilisation of armies in Italy, Germany and Switzerland.
- As part of the project "Coping with Covid-19. Social distancing, cohesion and inequality in France in 2020", the Sociological Observatory of Change (OSC) and the Center for Socio-Political Data (CDSP) are mobilised to study the impact of social distancing and quarantine measures through the lens of social inequality. It is more precisely a question of studying the evolution of individual and family behaviours, but also of considering the reconfiguration of inequalities that could result in the longer term.
Project and results
- Where to land after the pandemic ?
In the aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis, the project “Where to land after the pandemic? project proposes to draw a political lesson from it, trying to emulate it contagion power by turning it over to the benefit of our society and its political life
More about the project