Home>Undergraduate>Frenquently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Undergraduate Admissions: Frenquently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Section #overview
Section #secondary-school

Applicants from foreign secondary school systems

You may only apply once through this path, either in the year of your high school graduation, or during the following year.

No, you are not. If you got your French baccalauréat in France, you must apply as a French high school student through the Parcoursup platform, regardless of your specialisation.

No, you are not. Applicants who obtain a French baccalauréat in a French high school abroad must open and submit their application through the Parcoursup platform. 

No, in this case, you are not eligible to apply through the International undergraduate admission path and must apply through the national platform Parcoursup.

No, you do not have to sit for the SAT/ACT test if you hold an IB diploma.

Undergraduate international admissions: required documents

The admission offer includes your student ID and a temporary password that enable you to sign in your online student account and accept the offer. Check the Student website to find out about the first steps (online student account, registrations, courses selection, calendars, and everything you need to know for your enrolment at Sciences Po).

No. It is the nationality of your undergraduate diploma that will be taken into account.

Find more about your eligibility.

Remote interviews generally take place 3 to 4 weeks after the application deadline. 

No. In order to sit for the interview, which is the fourth and final step of the admission process, applicants must have obtained a grade equal to, or higher than, the minimal grade set by Sciences Po every year.

No, applicants cannot view the reference letters. They are strictly confidential and will only be read by those responsible for assessing your application.

We do not accept references written on plain paper or sent by e-mail. 

In the interests of fairness, we encourage referees to complete the online form. However, if your referee is unable to use the online form, and only in this exceptional case, he or she should contact us to request the Word version of this form.

The completed form should then be returned to us directly, in a confidential manner and from the referee’s professional address, through our contact form.

Yes, if you are preparing a binational diploma (Abibac, Bachibac or Esabac) in a foreign high school, you are eligible to the international pathway. However, if you are preparing a binational diploma in a French high school, you must apply through Parcoursup.

No, we strongly recommend you not to submit your application before obtaining a positive answer to your dispensation request. If your request is denied, no refund of the application fees will be made. 

Applicants from the Southern hemisphere who will be graduating towards the end of the year are not required to ask for a derogation and are directly eligible to the 2023 international admission pathway.

Students admitted through the international path may ask for a one-off, one-year enrolment deferral. On the basis of the reasons cited by the student, the request will either be accepted or rejected.

The Boutmy committees take place several times during the year. You will hear whether your have been awarded a scholarship by mid June at the latest.

Candidates on a waiting list will receive a final decision by late July at the latest.

There is no specific procedure for applicants with refugee status. You are therefore invited to submit your application online.

However, applicants who are able to justify their refugee status with official supporting documents will, upon verification, benefit from an exemption from application fees.

You may be interested in our “Professional certificate for young refugees” program which aims to improve the employability of participants by acquiring skills adapted to the world of work.

Applicants holding a CEGEP diploma are eligible to apply through the international undergraduate admission pathway. However, you must provide all documents pertaining to your specific programme, including the academic transcript of the year following your secondary school graduation.

Your CV should be written in French or in English, depending on the language(s) of the programmes you are applying to.

Unless your academic transcripts are written in French or in English, you must provide a translation of the transcripts (official or informal) along with the original documents.

Undergraduate international admissions: required documents

No proof of language proficiency is required at the time of application, but you must ensure that your level allows you to apply to the programmes you are interested in and, should you be admitted, to attend classes taught in these languages.

No, there is no waiting list.

Section #financial-information

Financial information

If you do not have a credit card, you can use someone else's card or ask for Sciences Po's bank details and make a transfer. If you have a bank account in France, you can also pay by cheque. Before making a transfer or sending a cheque, please contact us

We will send you an email as soon as we receive the money. Once the payment is registered, you will see it on your dashboard.

Please note: Paying the fee does not automatically submit your application. Once the payment is registered, you must manually submit your application by clicking "Submit application". 

Please refer to the information on tuition fees at Sciences Po.

Section #practical-information

Practical information

Once you have accepted our offer of admission, you may download an enrollment certificate through the student services centre in your online student space. This document will help you in obtaining a visa.

If you need to know the exact start and end dates of the programme, please check our university calendar or contact our Student Services center

The online application is composed of several sections. Entries for each field may be saved by clicking on the « save changes » button at the bottom of the page. This allows you to save your information as you are completing your application. It will be saved until the next connection. You can thus complete your application in several steps.

Once you have completed every section and attached every requested document (including recommendations), do not forget to submit your application.

International applicants will be informed of the outcome of their application through their personal dashboard and by e-mail.

You may apply during the academic year in which you will obtain the undergraduate diploma (bachelor's degree or equivalent) which will make you eligible for the chosen Master's programme. Should you be selected, your admission will be confirmed at the time of your administrative registration and once you have obtained your degree. 

Section #other-questions

Other questions

The academic year at Sciences Po begins between the end of August and mid-September, depending on the programmes. Only exchange students may begin in January (second semester).

For some programmes, mandatory orientation sessions are scheduled before classes start; We recommend you contact your academic advisor for more information.

They are unique programmes in partnership with an affiliated university characterized by specific enrolment requirements and diplomas. These programmes are only opened to students from Sciences Po and from partner universities. Please review the eligibility criteria and the specificities of each programme. 

In order to apply to any of these programmes, you must select the  “Partnership Programme” procedure in the online application to view the accurate list of programmes available. 

List of partnership programmes and application form. 

There is no age limit for applying to a Master degree.

For undergraduate programmes, please refer to the eligibility criteria for each procedure (exam and international procedures).

International undergraduate admissions

Section #dd

Dual Degree Programmes

Yes, but depending on the programme you must submit either one or two online applications. 

If you apply to the Dual Bachelor Degree with Freie Universität Berlin, the University of Hong Kong, Keio University or LUISS, you only need to submit one application through Sciences Po, you must select the Dual Degree as a first choice of programme as well as one of our undergraduate programmes as a second choice.

For any other Dual Bachelor Degree: Columbia University, National University of Singapore, University of Sydney, University of British Columbia, and University College London, you must submit two applications. One on the website of the partner university for the dual degree and the other on the Sciences Po website in which you will be able to select one of our undergraduate programmes.

International Dual BA

Section #contacts

Useful contacts

If you have been admitted to Sciences Po, please check the Students website for information on your next steps, orientation programmes and more. 

If you need information on your registration (tuition fees, health insurance, student card...) or scholarships and financial aid, student welfare and support as well as housing and residence permits please contact the Student services center through their online contact form.

The Admissions office only answers questions regarding admissions and ongoing applications (newly admitted students must refer to the Student Services Center).

For any question related to your programme (choice of courses, gap year, internships, etc.), please contact the academic advisor of the programme.

If you are an exchange student, please contact the International Affairs Office

If you are a new student and you have trouble accessing your student account, please contact the Helpdesk.

If you have special needs, please check the Accessibility page.

Fees & Financial Aid

Limited financial resources are not a barrier to receiving a Sciences Po education.

Nearly one in three students receives a full-fee scholarship.