Graduate Admissions: Which procedure applies to your situation?
There are several admission procedures to choose from and one key condition: you must be ready to commit yourself to a challenging academic endeavour
In order to recruit an increased diversity of students and thereby reinforce the relevance and quality of its curriculum, Sciences Po has implemented several admission procedures for Master's and dual degree programmes, which differ according to the applicant's situation.
It is your responsibility to determine which procedure matches your situation before submitting your application.
Below are the broad outlines to get you started. Be sure to check the eligibility criteria for each procedure to confirm which one is right for you.
It is not possible to apply for a Master's degree through several procedures.
Domestic Graduate Admissions Procedure
You can apply through this procedure if you have already obtained, or will obtain by the end of the current academic year, a French undergraduate degree or 180 ECTS credits from an institution located either in France or abroad.
Learn more about our domestic admissions procedure (FR).
International graduate admissions procedure
The international graduate admissions procedure is open to applicants who have obtained, or will obtain by the end of the current academic year, a non-French Bachelor’s degree (or 180 ECTS credits) from an institution located either in France or abroad.
You are enrolled in a half French, half Foreign course of study (awarding an undergraduate degree that is both French and non-French)
Make sure you read the following in order to apply through the appropriate procedure, depending on your specific situation.
- You have already obtained both degrees: You may choose to apply through either the Domestic procedure or the International procedure;
- You have already obtained your French degree and the foreign one is still in progress: Apply through the Domestic admission procedure;
- You have already obtained your foreign degree and the French one is still in progress: Apply through the International admission procedure;
- Both degrees are still in progress: Apply through the domestic procedure if a majority of credits have been validated in the French system and/or the majority of your transcripts have grades expressed in the French grading system.
Applying to a dual degree programme
Applicants to a dual degree programme must go through the procedure (domestic or international) for which they are eligible.
Sciences Po undergraduate students willing to apply to a dual degree programme must do so through the domestic admission procedure, regardless of their educational background prior to Sciences Po.
Learn more about admissions to a dual degree programme.
- I want to apply to a one-year Master’s programme.
- I want to follow a preparation for a competitive examination in the fields of administration or law (FR). You may apply to both a Master’s programme and a preparation programme at the same time.
- I want to apply to a partnership programme.
- I want to apply to an Executive Education programme.