The 2015 survey on the employability of recent Sciences Po graduates confirms that a Sciences Po diploma remains a strong asset for quickly entering the labour market. Fifteen months after their graduation in June 2014 the overall rate of employment was 95%: more Sciences Po graduates had started work and had found their first job more quickly.
5 figures to keep in mind :
- 75% of graduates chose to enter the labour market
- 88.8% are in work and 87.4% found their first job less than six months after leaving Sciences Po
- 38% work outside France
- 73% of working graduates are employed in the private sector
- Average gross annual salary is €37k
Higher employment rates and shorter periods before employment
Of those students who decided to integrate the labour market, 88.8% are working while 11.2% are seeking employment. We should note that 53.7% of respondents seeking employment have already had a job since they left Sciences Po, taking the employment rate to 95%.
Periods before employment are shorter than for the previous year: 87% of graduates found a job in less than 6 months compared with 81% in 2014.
The salaries of Sciences Po graduates remain high
Based on 660 respondents, average gross annual earnings were €37,266.
Many graduates start their careers abroad
49% of graduates work in Europe (not including France), 18% of graduates work in Africa, 17% in Asia-Oceania, 9% in North America and 6% in South an Central America.
Still a wide variety of jobs, with those in the private sector continuing to grow
On the whole, jobs are distributed among very different business sectors. 73% of graduates in work are employed in the private sector, 7.6% in an international organisation or European institution and 18.4% in the public sector.
In line with the diversity of the Master's programmes on offer at Sciences Po, graduates’ professions remain varied within such sectors as Auditing, Public Administration, Banking, Finance, Energy, Marketing, Communication, NGOs, International Organisations, Journalism, Education, Research, Urban design, Town planning, Retail, Arts, Law etc.
- Read the 2015 Graduate Survey (pdf, 1,18 Mo)
- How Sciences Po prepares you for the professional world. Babacar Seck, a Sciences Po alumnus and project manager in the office of the Chairman & CEO of Axa Group, explains why the skills he gained at Sciences Po are so precious to him on the job. Watch the video
- No need to speak French to study at Sciences Po. Discover our Master’s programmes in English.
- Learn more about graduate studies at Sciences Po
- Learn more about international graduate admissions