Home>The Lab>Presentation of the Lab
The Urban School's Lab
The co-production of public knowledge by students and teachers is a guiding academic principle of the Urban School. We firmly believe that students learn more and better when they are engaged in building public knowledge for cities, territories and their actors. The Urban School's LAB, created in 2021, adheres to this objective and enhances our students’ work. It also positions the School as a facilitator of debate on what professional practice needs to do to better incorporate ecological and social transitions.
The LAB has three objectives:
- Initiate new inter-School collaborations at Sciences Po
- Promote meetings between students, teachers, researchers, and the Urban School staff
- Create new partnerships in France and abroad.
- Produce new knowledge
- Define new subjects, particularly in connection with the School’s two Chairs: the Cities and digital technology Chair and the Cities, Housing and Real Estate Chair
- Test new academic formats in situ and with less "traditional" partners, taking interdisciplinarity even further.