Home>Research & Chairs>Cities and digital technology Chair
Cities and digital technology Chair
The Chair “Villes et numérique” (Digital Cities) is a teaching and research chair founded in 2017 inside the Urban School in partnership with the Centre for European Studies and Comparative Politics .
Focused on the digital transformation of the metropolis, this chair aims to develop researches and teachings on this topic in cooperation with leading companies.
Four sponsoring firms support the Chair from 2017 to 2020: Cisco, La Poste, RTE and La Caisse des dépôts et consignations.
In 2020, La Poste, RTE and the Caisse des dépôts renewed their partnership for three years.
Find out more:
- 7 April, 2022 - Webinar "How Data Is Transforming Cities? A discussion with the Data Officers Of London, NY and LA?" (Watch the replay)
- 25 March, 2021 - Round-Table on the book "Quand la donnée arrive en ville. Open data et gouvernance urbaine" (replay in fr.)
- 10 March, 2021 - Round-Table "Quels enjeux de gouvernance de la logistique urbaine à l'ère du numérique ?" (replay in fr.)
- 4 February, 2021 - Conference "Predict and Surveil. Police and Big Data in France and United-States"
- January 2021 - Publication of the book "Quand la donnée arrive en ville" by Antoine Courmont
- 11 October, 2019 - Breakfast debate about the book "Gouverner la ville numérique"
- August 2019 - Publication of the book "Gouverner la ville numérique" by Antoine Courmont & Patrick Le Galès (fr.)
- 21 March, 2018 - The Chair, partner of the open data observatory
- February 2018 - First working paper for the Chair
- 03 July, 2017 - Chair's launch (fr.)