Sciences Po ranks 2nd in the 2020 QS Rankings for Politics & International Studies
- 2nd Place in 2020 QS University Rankings ©Sciences Po
Sciences Po continues to progress in the 2020 QS World University Rankings by subject (PDF, 9.2Mo), moving from third to second place in the world in "Political Science & International Studies". In this world ranking released on March 4, 2020, Sciences Po is positioned just behind Harvard University, and tied with Princeton University. Sciences Po is for the first time the first university of Europe in this discipline, in front of the University of Oxford and the London School of Economics and Political Studies (LSE).
For the past seven years the QS World University Rankings by subject which compares more than 1,200 universities around the world, has confirmed Sciences Po as a leading university in the social sciences. In 2020, Sciences Po ranks in the top 50 worldwide in 5 disciplines, with significant leaps in several subjects:
- 2nd in the world in Political Science and International Studies, up one rank from 2019
- 23rd in Social Policy and Administration (22nd in 2019)
- 28th in Sociology (as in 2019)
- 40th in Development Studies (top 100 in 2019)
- 50th in the world in Law (top 100 in 2019)
Sciences Po also made significant progress in Economics and Econometrics, moving from the top 150 to the top 100 worldwide.