Admission to a graduate dual degree programme
The online applications for the 2021 intake are closed. Boutmy and Eiffel calls for scholarships are closed.
Admissions for the 2022 intake open next October.
Sciences Po has signed dual degree conventions with several major universities throughout the world. Each year, these programmes enable students selected by both institutions to complete one year of studies at Sciences Po and the other at the partner institution, with a degree awarded by each universities.
The prestige of these degrees and the linguistic skills acquired, together with the experience of student life in two different countries, are advantages greatly prized by potential employers today, particularly European and international companies and organisations.
Which procedure is right for you?
Admission is granted on the basis of the evaluation of the application form and the required documents. The final decision is taken by a joint committee Sciences Po/partner institution.
Applicants holding a French undergraduate diploma
Please check the French version of this page.
International and exchange students
To apply to a dual degree programme, you must complete the international graduate admissions application form.
Bachelor students (from a non French institution) in exchange at Sciences Po must apply through the international graduate admissions process. However you do not need to create a new account : just login with your Sciences Po's username and password.
Before starting your application, please check:
Sciences Po students
Third year undergraduate Sciences Po students must submit an online application through the French procedure (fr.) and indicate their situation.
You do not need to create a new account : just login to your candidate space with your Sciences Po's username and password.
In this application, you will be asked to:
- indicate the dual degree programme of your choice;
- attach all needed documents including language test(s) score(s) if required for your chosen programme.
Before starting your application, please check:
- the list of documents to be included to your application (Fr)
- the language requirements
- the required academic and professional references
- the deadlines, the prerequisites and supporting material by programme
You must only complete this application if you wish to apply for a dual degree. Do not indicate your Sciences Po Master's programme in this application.
You will be prompted in March to choose your Masters programme through your "Espace Etudiant". More information on the choice of Master programme.
They are unique programmes in partnership with an affiliated university characterized by specific enrolment requirements and diplomas. Please review the eligibility criteria and specificities of the given programme.
Specific requirements for applying to the dual degrees with GraSPP, LSE, Bocconi, MGIMO and SIPA
- Dual degree with GraSPP: applicants pre-selected by both institutions will be invited for an interview on March 23, 2021.
- Dual degree with the LSE : some admitted students may receive a conditional offer requesting satisfying academic conditions, if you do not yet hold your undergraduate degree at the time of applying. To receive a final admission offer, you must fulfil the conditions that have been applied to your offer.
- Dual degree with Università Bocconi: Applicants must complete two applications: one at Sciences Po and one on Bocconi Admissions Portal - My Application (available starting from mid-October). Only applications that have been completed and submitted on both University websites will be evaluated for admission.
- Dual degree with MGIMO: in addition to their application on Sciences Po platform, applicants have to fill out a registration form on MGIMO website.
- Dual degree with SIPA (Columbia university): admitted applicants will have to send their original transcripts to the Office of the University Registrar directly from their home institutions or authorized third parties (WES / CHESICC). The originals of the language tests, if any, will also need to be sent to Columbia University.
- You cannot apply for two dual degree programmes. You can however apply for a dual degree programme and a Master programme. In which case your first choice must be dual degree with the graduate programme as your second. (do not worry, if granted admission to both, you will be able to choose). If deadlines for these two programmes differ, you must respect the first to come to term.
- No conditional offers are provided for the dual degree programmes. Dual degree programmes require language test results for the application to be processed.
- The joint selection committees for dual degree programmes are held only after all applications have been received and the relevant programme deadline has expired. Candidates are then notified as to the outcome of their application two to three months after the selected programme's application deadline.
- Students must take up their place on a dual degree course at the beginning of the academic year following admission. It is not possible to defer entry for these programmes.
- Campus France does not grant the Eiffel scholarship to dual degree programme students (except for Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia university and first year students of the dual degree Sciences Po/PSIA-Sorbonne Université : Sciences et politiques de l'environnement).