Dual degree with ISAE-Supaero (Higher Institute of Aeronautics and Space Engineering)
Sciences Po has partnered with ISAE-SUPAERO, a higher education institution delivering top-level aerospace engineering programmes, to offer a dual Master’s degree programme.
The aim of this programme is to give Supaero engineering students and Sciences Po students the means to acquire dual expertise that will be recognised on the labour market.
This dual degree invites students to explore political, economic, social and cultural processes through a dialogue between the social sciences studied at Sciences Po (law, economics, contemporary history, political humanities, political science and sociology) and science at UPMC (biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics and physics).
The objective is for students to gain a deeper understanding of scientific issues and subjects thanks to the acquisition of specific scientific expertise combined with a social science perspective. These two complementary approaches offer students solid conceptual and methodological tools with which to parse the world's complexity.
The dual degree programme takes three years. For Sciences Po students, it is organised as follows:
- The first year takes place at Sciences Po. Students complete the courses for the first-year curriculum of their chosen Master’s programme.
- The second and third years take place at Supaero in Toulouse. In the third year, students specialise and complete a final internship.
Once they have completed the courses at both institutions and satisfied all course requirements, students are awarded a Sciences Po Master’s degree and a Master’s level engineering degree from ISAE-Supaero.
This dual degree is designed for students who want to acquire expertise in the aviation and aerospace industries and go on to work for public organisations (e.g., the European Space Agency or CNES, the French space agency) or private organisations (consulting firms, companies, financial institutions, audit, etc.); participate in aeronautics and aerospace research programmes; or manage large-scale industrial projects in various fields of application and in international, multicultural environments.
Only those Sciences Po students currently in the first year of their Master’s at the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), School of Public Affairs, School of Management and Innovation or the Urban School are eligible for this dual degree programme.
Some science education at undergraduate level is preferred but not absolutely essential.
You are allowed to apply only once during your curriculum. This application shall take place the year before your admission, so you are invited to apply either during the first year of your Master or during your gap year between Master 1 and Master 2). In case of admission, it won't be possible to postpone it.
If you are currently enrolled in a dual degree, you are note allowed to stand for another program and your application will be declared inadmissible.
Compulsory supporting documents:
- Cover letter (1 page maximum); please specify the subject of your application: dual degree and/or exchange semester (for PSIA only)
- Your academic transcripts
Optional supporting documents:
- Academic and/or professional recommendations (two maximum)
The application is to be sent as a single PDF document by Friday 31 January 2020 at noon to the following email address: : firstname.lastname@example.org.
No application submitted after this date will be considered.
Calendar for the admissions procedure
- Late November: information meeting about the dual degree with the programme coordinators
- January 31, 2020: application deadline
- From mid-February to mid-March: applications evaluated by Sciences Po programme coordinators
- Mid-March: pre-selection results
- Second half of March: interviews with partner school’s programme coordinators
- First half of April: admission results announced
Each year, students are required to pay the tuition and registration fees for the institution they will attend that academic year. A student from Sciences Po pays Sciences Po fees in the first year and the Supaero fees for the next two years.
Students admitted to the dual degree programme may be eligible for needs-based financial aid, including fee waivers.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
- Watch the presentation video of this dual degree in the presence of the Partner (February, 9th, 2018).
- Watch the presentation video of this dual degree (January, 31th 2019).
- Read the presentation of the Dual Degree (PDF in French, 555 Ko)