Undergraduate Admissions for applicants from foreign secondary schools
The 2022-23 admissions open next November. Please find below the admissions calendar for the 2023 intake.
WHO APPLIES THROUGH THIS ADMISSIONS PATHWAY?
As part of our unified admissions procedure for all first-year applicants to the Undergraduate College, the international admissions pathway is designed for all candidates from foreign (non-French) secondary schools.
Please note: It is the candidate’s diploma and not his or her nationality that determines the pathway.
All candidates who are currently enrolled in a foreign high school (non-French) and prepare both a foreign and a French diploma (Abibac, Esabac or Bachibac) are eligible to the international pathway.
All candidates who are currently enrolled in a French high school and prepare both a French and a foreign diploma (Abibac, esabac or bachibac), are not eligible through the international admissions pathway and must apply through the Parcoursup admissions pathway.
The Undergraduate College’s unified admissions procedure is made up of four evaluations, each of which is marked out of 20. These evaluations are the same for all Sciences Po undergraduate applicants:
Applicants must create and submit an application via the Sciences Po admissions website, adhering to deadlines outlined in the admissions calendar.
Candidates applying through this admissions pathway may apply to two programmes offered at the Undergraduate College, including dual degree programmes.
Admissions for the 2023 intake
International admissions are open on a rolling basis from the start of the admissions period to the end of April 2023.
- Opening of the admissions period: mid-November 2022
- Final date to submit applications: 26 April 2023
- Interviews: from mid-January to mid-June 2023, depending on the date the application is submitted
- Admission results: the date you receive your admission result depends on the date you submit your completed application (including academic references).
- You will hear whether you have been accepted:
- around 6 February 2023 if you submit your application before 14 December 2022
- around 13 March 2023 if you submit your application before 25 Janvier 2023
- around 10 April 2023 if you submit before 22 February 2023
- around 8 May 2023 if you submit before 22 March 2023
- around 19 June 2023 if you submit before 26 April 2023
- Deadline for applying for the Émile Boutmy Scholarship: 22 February 2023. If you are eligible to apply, it is essential that you select the scholarship directly in your online application file and that you meet the specific deadline specified above. No scholarship applications will be accepted after submission of your Sciences Po application.
- Interviews and application deadlines are specific for each dual degree programmes. Please check the dedicated webpages ;
- Deadlines always refer to Paris time (23:59).
Review the eligibility criteria
The main criteria to determine which pathway you should apply is the nationality of your diploma. You are eligible to apply through the international admissions pathway on the Sciences Po admission website if you are currently preparing a foreign diploma of secondary education (first session) in a non-French secondary school. Example of diplomas: International Baccalaureate diploma, A-levels, Abitur, Maturité suisse…
Discover Sciences Po’s programmes and campuses
Find out more
Applicants must complete each of the following steps.
Create your application
Log in to https://admission.sciencespo.fr/ and enter a username (your email address) and password. Once you have created your account on the website you will need to activate it. It may take up to two hours for the email containing your activation link to arrive in your inbox. We thank you for your patience.
Campus France: If you reside in one of the countries included in the CEF procedure (member of the Campus France programme), we remind you that Sciences Po’s admissions procedure does not come under the Campus France initiative. To apply to Sciences Po, you will need to create an application via the Sciences Po admissions website directly, adhering to our admissions deadlines.
Choose your programmes
Start by selecting your programme and campus preferences. Find out more about the Bachelor of Arts and dual degree programmes at the Undergraduate College.
Candidates applying through the international pathway select two programmes, including up to one dual degree programme (this must be listed as your first choice). Please note that if admitted, you may be assigned to one of the two selected programmes in your Sciences Po application.
We encourage applicants to choose their programmes/campuses according to their personal and professional plans, interests and commitment to the educational principles of the Undergraduate College, rather than on the basis of their nationality or place of residence. It is also important to factor in the languages you speak or, if applicable, the languages you would like to learn.
Whatever campus they study at, all students graduate with the Sciences Po Bachelor’s degree in social sciences and humanities at the end of three years of study. They may then go on to study for a two-year Master’s degree on the Sciences Po Paris Campus.
Complete your application
The online application consists of multiple sections. Each section must be saved using the “Save changes” button at the bottom of the screen. This allows you to complete your application in several stages.
To facilitate our processing of your application, please ensure that you use the email address you entered when creating your application in all correspondence with our staff.
Request academic references
We advise you to begin your application by completing the section relating to your online references. You must allow your referees as much time as possible to respond to the request.
Applications submitted without 2 academic references are considered incomplete. They will therefore not be assessed. Please note that you may send a reminder to your referees yourself via your candidate space.
As a candidate, you undertake to ensure that the references submitted by your referees in your application to Sciences Po are both honest and accurate.
Upload the required documents
In order to be complete, applications must be submitted online and include all the required supporting documents. Should any documents be missing, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be evaluated.
Build your application with care by paying particular attention to the following items:
- The attached files must be in PDF format and cannot be bigger than 2 Mo. Use free software to compress your PDF documents.
- The attached files should be in PDF format and no bigger than 2 Mo. You may use free softwares to compress your PDF documents.
- Name each attached file in English or French (e.g.: Baccalaureate results, CV, transcript…).
- Make sure you do not attach your documents upside down.
- For an easier review, we ask you to scan all three transcripts of each academic year into a single document and in chronological order. You may use free software to aggregate your documents.
- For more details on the documents format, please check the practical information section.
Pay your application fee
Application fee: €150 (this fee is non-refundable).
Only candidates who can prove they have refugee status will be granted an exemption from this application fee. If this applies to you, please email us attaching a copy of a document that certifies your status.
Please note: paying the application fee does not automatically submit your application. Don’t forget to click “Submit my application”.
Submit your application
- You must submit your completed application, including all required documents. You will need to have completed all the mandatory fields indicated on each page.
- Do not wait until the last day to submit your application: submit your application as soon as it is complete.
Please note: Once you have submitted your application, it can no longer be modified by Sciences Po or by you. We would ask you therefore to be extremely careful when submitting the application online: all elements must be complete and the required documents attached. Your referees will be given a few additional days to complete their reference but it is your responsibility to ensure that they do so within a short time of the submission.
Once your application is ready for assessment, no documents attached subsequently will be considered (unless requested by us).
Once you have applied
Check the status of your application
Once you have submitted your application, you will be able to access your candidate space, where you can check the status of your application and verify that your referee has completed his/her form.
Invitation to Interview
All selected candidates will be contacted by email and will receive an invitation to a remote interview.
Once their evaluations are complete, the admissions jury will allocate each candidate an overall mark between 0 and 80. This mark is the total of the mark out of 60 awarded for the three elements of their application and the mark out of 20 awarded for their interview.
Accepted candidates will receive an offer of admission, including an assignment to one of the two programmes they requested in their application.
Candidates will be notified as to whether or not they have been accepted via their candidate space and by email on the dates outlined in the admissions calendar above.
Non-admitted candidates will not be placed on a waiting list.
Acceptances are conditional on the obtention of your final high school diploma. All accepted candidates will need to provide a certificate of their diploma when completing their administrative registration.
If you are accepted
Accepted candidates who wish to join Sciences Po must accept their admissions offer as quickly as possible via their online application file. This will allow our staff to begin the necessary administrative and academic procedures to prepare your place at Sciences Po.
Once you have accepted your admissions offer, you will receive an email from the campus to which you have been accepted, providing full details of the steps to follow as a future student of the Undergraduate College.
Visit the Sciences Po student site to find out about first steps (accessing your online student account, registering, choosing your classes, consulting timetables and all useful information relating to your studies) and discover our international students page.