Undergraduate Admissions for applicants from foreign secondary schools
Applications for the 2022 intake start next November according to the deadlines listed below.
WHO APPLIES THROUGH THIS ADMISSIONS PATHWAY?
As part of our unified admissions procedure for all first-year applicants to the Undergraduate College, the international admissions pathway is designed for all candidates from foreign (non-French) secondary schools.
Please note: It is the candidate’s diploma and not his or her nationality that determines the pathway.
All candidates who are currently enrolled in a foreign high school (non-French) and prepare both a foreign and a French diploma (Abibac, Esabac or Bachibac) are eligible to the international pathway.
All candidates who are currently enrolled in a French high school and prepare both a French and a foreign diploma (Abibac, esabac or bachibac), are not eligible through the international admissions pathway and must apply through the Parcoursup admissions pathway.
The Undergraduate College’s unified admissions procedure is made up of four evaluations, each of which is marked out of 20. These evaluations are the same for all Sciences Po undergraduate applicants:
Applicants must create and submit an application via the Sciences Po admissions website, adhering to deadlines outlined in the admissions calendar.
Candidates applying through this admissions pathway have the option of applying to two programmes offered at the Undergraduate College, including dual degree programmes.
Admissions for the 2022 intake
International admissions are open on a rolling basis from the start of the admissions period to the end of April 2021.
- Opening of the admissions period: mid-November 2021
- Final date to submit applications: 27 April 2022
- Interviews: from mid-January to mid-June 2022, depending on the date the application is submitted
- Admission results: the date you receive your admission result depends on the date you submit your completed application (including academic reference).
- You will hear whether you have been accepted:
- around 9 February if you submit your application before 15 December
- around 16 March if you submit your application before 26 January
- around 11 April if you submit your application before 23 February
- around 17 May if you submit your application before 23 March
- around 22 June if you submit your application before 27 April
- Deadline for applying for the Émile Boutmy Scholarship: 23 February 2022. If you would like to apply for the scholarship, it is essential that you indicate this intention directly in your application and that you adhere to the submission deadline specified above. No scholarship applications will be accepted after submission of your Sciences Po application.
- Interviews for dual degree programmes will not necessarily follow this timeline;
- Deadlines always refer to Paris time (23:59).
Review the eligibility criteria
The main criteria to determine which pathway you should apply is the nationality of your diploma. You are eligible to apply though the international admissions pathway on the Sciences Po admission website if you are currently preparing a foreign diploma of secondary education (first session) in a non-French secondary school. Example of diplomas: International Baccalaureate diploma, A-levels, Abitur, Maturité suisse…
- You may apply to the Sciences Po bachelor only once.
- You may only submit your application through a single admissions pathway.
- Sciences Po has approved your request for a special dispensation prior to your applying.
Discover Sciences Po’s programmes and campuses
Find out more
Applicants must complete each of the following steps.
Create your application
Log in to https://admission.sciencespo.fr/ and enter a username (your email address) and password. Once you have created your account on the website you will need to activate it. It may take up to two hours for the email containing your activation link to arrive in your inbox. We thank you for your patience.
Please do not attempt to create multiple accounts as this can produce errors when processing your application.
Campus France: If you reside in one of the countries included in the CEF procedure (member of the Campus France programme), we remind you that Sciences Po’s admissions procedure does not come under the Campus France initiative. To apply to Sciences Po, you will need to create an application via the Sciences Po admissions website directly, adhering to our admissions deadlines.
Choose your programmes
Start by selecting your programme and campus preferences. Find out more about the Bachelor of Arts and dual degree programmes at the Undergraduate College.
Candidates applying through the international procedure select two programmes, including up to one dual degree programme (this must be listed as your first choice). Please note that if admitted, you may be assigned to one of the two selected programmes in your Sciences Po application.
We encourage applicants to choose their programmes/campuses according to their personal and professional plans, interests and commitment to the educational principles of the Undergraduate College, rather than on the basis of their nationality or place of residence. It is also important to factor in the languages you speak or, if applicable, the languages you would like to learn.
Whatever campus they study at, all students graduate with a Sciences Po Bachelor’s degree at the end of three years of study. They may then go on to study for a two-year Master’s degree on the Sciences Po Paris Campus.
Complete your application
The online application consists of multiple sections. Each section must be saved using the “Save changes” button at the bottom of the screen. This allows you to complete your application in several stages.
Please consult the following evaluations:
- Results of Baccalaureate exams or foreign equivalent
- Academic performance and progress
- Written pieces
To facilitate our processing of your application, please ensure that you use the email address you entered when creating your application in all correspondence with our staff.
Request an academic reference
We advise you to begin your application by completing the section relating to your online reference. You must allow your referee as much time as possible to respond to the request.
Applications submitted without an academic reference are considered incomplete. They will therefore not be assessed. Please note that you may send a reminder to your referee yourself via your candidate space.
As a candidate, you undertake to ensure that the reference submitted by your referee in your application to Sciences Po is both honest and accurate.
Any doubts about the authenticity of the reference provided will result in the refusal of your current reference and the cancellation of the referee’s account. Your application to be deemed inadmissible.
Please ensure that your referee is also aware of this information when requesting a reference from them.
on de son compte Référent et à la non-recevabilité de votre candidature.
Upload the required documents
In order to be complete, applications must be submitted online and include all the required supporting documents. Should any documents be missing, your application will be deemed incomplete and will not be evaluated.
Build your application with care by paying particular attention to the following items:
- The attached files must be in PDF format and cannot be bigger than 2 Mo. Use free software to compress your PDF documents.
- The attached files should be in PDF format and no bigger than 2 Mo. You may use free softwares to compress your PDF documents.
- Name each attached file in English or French (e.g.: Baccalaureate results, CV, transcript…).
- Make sure you do not attach your documents upside down.
- For an easier review, we ask you to scan all three transcripts of each academic year into a single document and in chronological order. You may use free software to aggregate your documents.
- Whenever possible, avoid sending documents by regular mail. Never send an original document as it will not be returned to you.
- For more details on the documents format, please check the practical information section.
Pay your application fee
Application fee: €150 (this fee is non-refundable).
Only candidates who can prove they have refugee status will be granted an exemption from this application fee. If this applies to you, please email us attaching a copy of a document that certifies your status.
Please note: paying the application fee does not automatically submit your application. Don’t forget to click “Submit my application”.
Submit your application
- You must submit your completed application, including all required documents. You will need to have completed all the mandatory fields indicated on each page.
- Do not wait until the last day to submit your application: submit your application as soon as it is complete.
Please note: Once you have submitted your application, it can no longer be modified by Sciences Po or by you. We would ask you therefore to be extremely careful when submitting the application online: all elements must be complete and the required documents attached. Your referee will be given a few additional days to complete their reference but it is your responsibility to ensure that they do so within a short time of the submission.
Once your application is ready for assessment, no documents attached subsequently will be considered (unless requested by us).
Once you have applied
Check the status of your application
Once you have submitted your application, you will be able to access your candidate space, where you can check the status of your application and verify that your referee has completed his/her form.
Invitation to Interview
All selected candidates will be contacted by email and will receive an invitation to a remote interview.
Once their evaluations are complete, and any readjustments made where necessary, the admissions jury will allocate each candidate an overall mark between 0 and 80. This mark is the total of the mark out of 60 awarded for the three elements of their application and the mark out of 20 awarded for their interview.
Accepted candidates will receive an offer of admission, including an assignment to one of the two programmes they requested in their application.
Candidates will be notified as to whether or not they have been accepted via their candidate space and by email on the dates outlined in the 2021 admissions calendar.
Non-accepted candidates will not be placed on a waiting list. We do not plan to offer a waiting list.
Acceptances are conditional on the obtention of your final high school diploma. All accepted candidates will need to provide a certificate of their diploma when completing their administrative registration.
If you are accepted
Accepted candidates who wish to join Sciences Po must accept their admissions offer as quickly as possible via their candidate space on the Sciences Po admissions website. This will allow our staff to begin the necessary administrative and academic procedures to prepare your place at Sciences Po.
Once you have accepted your admissions offer, you will receive an email from the campus to which you have been accepted, providing full details of the steps to follow as a future student of the Undergraduate College.
Visit the Sciences Po student site to find out about first steps (accessing your online student account, registering, choosing your classes, consulting timetables and all useful information relating to your studies) and discover our international students page.