- Alumni & Donors
- About PSIA
- PSIA Master Programs
- Master in International Security
- Master in International Public Management
- Master in International Economic Policy
- Master in International Development
- Master in Human Rights and Humanitarian Action
- Master in Environmental Policy
- Master in International Energy
- Master in Journalism and International Affairs
- One-year Tracks
- PSIA Concentration Programs
- PSIA Fundamental Courses
- International and National Dual Degrees
- PSIA Master Programs
- Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships
- Partnerships with major institutions
- Partnerships with foundations
- Partnerships with media
Home > Partnerships > Dual Degrees & Academic Partnerships > International and National Dual Degrees > Environmental Science and Policy - Dual Degree
Environmental Science and Policy - Dual Degree
Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Policy: PSIA and Sorbonne Université
To meet the environmental challenges of the next decades, the Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Policy relies on an interdisciplinary approach, inspired by the idea that practitioners trained in the economics of the environment and climatology, environmental modelling and environmental law will be better equipped to understand the complexity of the political, economic, scientific and democratic challenges of the environment, combine theoretical and practical knowledge and contribute to coordination between the different players in the field of the environment.
Throughout the study program, the Faculty, drawn from the most prestigious institutions (Sorbonne Université, Ecole normale supérieure, Ecole polytechnique and CEA), introduce students to cutting-edge techniques in the study of biodiversity, climate change and the “earth system” (ecology, climatology, biogeochemistry, modelling).
Students acquire the theoretical knowledge they require to evaluate the state of the planet, identify and quantify the main parameters, prioritize the processes and assess the uncertainty of current knowledge. Whatever the career they choose, graduates will be capable of communicating with scientists and experts, using models and understanding their limitations.
In parallel, an interdisciplinary social sciences team (political scientists, economists, legal experts and sociologists) will introduce students to sustainable development institutions and stakeholders and the economic, legal and financial tools of environmental regulation. Lastly, courses on the history and sociology of science, techniques and the environment and also of environmental philosophy give students the general knowledge they need to consider the use and development of contemporary technology.
Students within the program spend their first year at PSIA, with two compulsory modules at Sorbonne Université in the 1st semester, and then move onto their second year of the degree at Sorbonne Université with a scientific specialisation semester followed by an embedded internship semester.
Graduates of the Environmental Science and Policy Master will find openings in, amongst others,:
- public agencies, regional and local government or international organizations, in positions involving formulation, management and assessment of public policies in the field of the environment and sustainable development;
- companies involved in economic sectors that need to integrate the environmental dimension (industry, transportation, housing, energy, the food industry, etc.), in management, definition of strategy, consulting and environmental audit, applied research and project management;
- innovative companies belonging to the green economy.
Admission to the Dual Degree in Environmental Science and Policy follows the rules of the Dual Degree admission procedure as described online.
• Applicants must hold a BA in Sciences or a degree in engineering. Other scientific backgrounds will also be considered.
• Language requirements are liste on the Admissions webpage.
Academic Advisor: Dania Del Ben
More about PSIA
- Two-Year Dual-Degree
- Languages: French and English