How to Apply
Covid-19 Information: Due to the global Covid-19 outbreak, we have made the decision to cancel the first session of the Pre-College Programme and to organise the second session online.
The Summer School is currently accepting applications for the 2020 Pre-College Programme. Applications may only be submitted via Sciences Po’s online application platform.
Application timeline and deadlines
Applying to the Pre-College Programme requires the successful completion of a selective application process. The Pre-College Programme has rolling admissions; the admission jury meets regularly and candidates may expect to receive a response approximately one month after submitting a complete application.
Please note that there are a limited number of spots available in the programme. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply early on in order to maximize the chances of their application being considered. The number of spots available decreases as the deadline approaches and admissions will close when the programme is full.
The final deadline to submit an application for the 2020 Pre-College Programme is:
- Online session: 19 June 2020
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
All applications must be completed via the Sciences Po online application platform. Once you have created your account, it is essential to carefully read the instructions at the beginning of the application. You can return to these instructions at any time during your application by clicking on the drop-down link “Help” under your name in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
Choice of programmes in the online application
All students in the Pre-College Programme take the same core courses in the social sciences, with a choice of elective classes among a range of social sciences workshops.
Required information and documents
Candidates need to provide the following information as part of their application:
- Personal information (name, address, etc.) and identity photo
- Identity card or passport
- Academic background information:
- Certificate of enrolment from current secondary school (official document provided by the school that confirms current and past enrolment AND expected graduation date).
- Academic transcripts indicating classes taken and grades received for the academic years 2019-20 and 2018-19.
- English language level verification for candidates who are not native English speakers. Admitted candidates who wish to take an elective class taught in French, and who are not French native speakers, will also need to provide proof of French level. Find a list of accepted language level verifications on the Eligibility page.
- Explanation of motivation (in English): this critical component of your application is an opportunity for you to explain your goals for your course of study at the Summer School’s Pre-College Programme. The letter must be written in English and the text space is limited to 1000 words or less. We kindly ask candidates to indicate their preferences in terms of elective courses.
- Letter of recommendation: this letter may be written (in French or in English) by a teacher, a supervisor for an internship, or any other person capable of attesting your personal motivation and academic performance.
Note: if your referee prefers to send us your recommendation letter directly, he/she can email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Before submitting your application, please leave a few lines of explanation in the "Recommendation Letter" section. Once we have received your recommendation letter, we will add it to your application file. Please note that your submitted application will not be examined until we have received the letter from your referee.
Application Processing Fee
A non-refundable 40 € application fee is required upon submission of your application. Payment is only by credit card via the online application platform.