The Strategic Autonomy of the EU
- Strategic Autonomy of the EU (c)Shutterstock
PSIA and CERI present:
The Strategic Autonomy of the EU: The Proof by China?
Wednesday 24 March 2021 | 5:30 pm – 7:00 pm CET
The event is open to all: please register online
In December 2020, the European Union signed an agreement with China to facilitate investments on both sides. This decision shows a certain willingness of the 27 to develop a diplomacy towards China that is independent of the United States. Is it a concrete proof of a European diplomacy that assumes its strategic autonomy and imposes itself as a geopolitical power?
Special advisor to Josep Borrell, Zaki Laïdi will give us his personal analysis of the EU/China relationship. Three Sciences Po's scholars will question him before giving the floor to every participant on zoom.
- Zaki Laïdi, Senior Advisor to the High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and Vice-President of the European Commission, Josep Borell; Senior Research Fellow at Sciences Po-CEVIPOF (*)
- Stéphanie Balme, Dean of Sciences Po Undergraduate College; Professor at PSIA; Research Director at CERI
- David Camroux, Honorary Research Fellow at CERI; Senior Lecturer at Sciences Po
- Earl Wang, Doctoral Researcher in political science at CERI
- Christian Lequesne, Professor at Sciences Po, former Director of CERI
(*) The speaker’s views are his own and do not engage the EU institutions.
This event is co-organized by the Sciences Po Center for International Studies (CERI) and the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA).