HOW TO ORGANISE TRADE-OFFS TO CONSERVE BIODIVERSITY AND ADVANCE DEVELOPMENT EQUITY?
International Conference 2021 of the European Chair for Sustainable Development and Climate Transition at Sciences Po
Scientific knowledge is clear as well as being abundant. We are in the midst of crises of the environment around the planet, specifically of climate change and the extinction of a multitude of life forms. Added to the mix is the deepening of economic inequality across the world, between countries and within societies, failing and flailing states.
In this conference, practitioners and experts will speak to us on ‘what can be done?’ They will communicate the challenges that need to be overcome at local, national and regional levels. They will inform us of the partnerships, even unlikely ones, urgently needed to realize a more humane, just and sustainable world.
- Pierre-Alexandre Bapst, Corporate Sustainability Officer at Hermès International
- Jos Delbeke, European Investment Bank Chair on Climate Change Policy and International Carbon Markets, European University Institute, Florence
- Ambroise Fayolle, Vice-President of the European Investment Bank (EIB)
- Thuy-Tien Gluck, Head of Sustainability, HSBC Continental Europe
- Susanna Hecht, Professor at UCLA’s School of Public Affairs/Urban Planning/ Professor at the Graduate Institute for Development Studies in Geneva
- Ullas Karanth, Director and Managing Trustee of the Centre for Wildlife Studies, Bengaluru
- Yann Laurans, Head of the Land Biodiversity Team, WWF-France ; Sciences Po PSIA Faculty
- Aniket Shah, Managing Director and Global Head of Environmental, Social and Governance and Sustainability Research, Jefferies Group LLC
- Shiv Someshwar, Chairholder European Chair for Sustainable Development and Climate Transition at Sciences Po
- Philippe Zaouati, CEO of Mirova; Sciences Po PSIA Faculty.