Exchange programme on the Reims campus
University partners now have the opportunity to nominate students for dedicated certificate studies in European Affairs, International Affairs & Strategy and Business & Economics.
Each certificate can be completed in one semester and up to two certificates in an academic year.
Each semester, Sciences Po's campus in Reims, in the heart of the Champagne region, welcomes exchange students who wish to pursue international studies. This certificate-awarding exchange has been specifically designed for students to thrive in the growing community of media and international scholars and students in France.
Benefits for students
Choice of one of three certificate programmes:
Students receive a certificate upon successful completion of two core common seminars (one in the certificate and one in French civilization), two courses in their chosen track, one language course, one elective of their choice and the orientation week. The student has to validate 30 credits at the end of the semester. If the student studies for one year, that is two semesters, he/she will be able to validate two certificates (no need to repeat the orientation week).
- Core coursework in the social sciences are mostly in English. Qualified students (min. B2 level) may elect to take some or all coursework in French. Beginners in French are welcome. Students have the opportunity to take intensive French-language courses and workshops, allowing students to vastly improve their language ability over a short period of time.
- Housing is widely available and can be reserved for students before their arrival.
Anglophone students need a C1 equivalent in English to study at the Reims Campus (previous knowledge of French is not required).
Francophone students need a C1 equivalent in French and a B2 level in English to study at the Reims Campus.
Academic year 2020-2021
An Orientation week (PDF, 466 Ko) is organized before the beginning of classes every semester (5 ECTS). This includes French academic methods and practices as well as workshops and activities to discover the campus (guided tours, visits, associations meetings, etc.) and life in France (visa/OFII, social security, APL/CAF, banks & insurances, etc.).
It is offered (free of charge) to all incoming exchange students on a pass/fail basis and mandatory to validate the certificate.
Fall Semester Dates:
- Online course registration: between the 9 and the 13 July 2020 (day and hour to be determined)
- Orientation week: 7 September to 11 September 2020
- Fall semester begins on Monday 14 September and final week ends on 18 December 2020
- Fall break: 26 October - 1st November 2020
- Course descriptions, fall semester
Spring Semester Dates:
- Online course registration: between the 6 and 12 of January 2021 (day and hour to be determined)
- Orientation week : 18 January – 22 January 2021
- Spring semester begins on Monday 25 January and final week ends on 15 May 2021
- Spring break starts on 22 February and ends on 28 February 2021
- Course descriptions, spring semester
For further pratical information about the city of Reims: