The library during and after confinement.
To better understand the uses and needs of our users since March 2020 and the disruptions caused by the lockdowns, closures and partial reopenings, a survey was published online on two occasions.
It collected 1102 responses in June, 1820 in December.
Through these responses collected in 2020, the library is :
- A special atmosphere (calm, surrounded by books...) ;
- An ideal setting for working, concentrating and motivating oneself. It is the equivalent of the "office", a structuring framework for good quality work;
- Indispensable for the success of one's studies or the exam one is preparing for;
- A place of reassertion when the outside world becomes uncertain, when courses go online, etc.
- Support and training services that are often unknown, but appreciated by those who have used them;
- The possibility of making new finds (serendipity) in the open access collections;
- An exceptional printed collection for researchers and teachers for whom the loan is an indispensable service;
- 79.4% of respondents have used the library's online resources, ranking them very high among possible sources of documentation.
To see what our users told us: "The library during and after confinement" (FR).