Dual bachelor's degree with Keio University
A dual BA programme is being offered jointly by Sciences Po and Keio University. Admission decisions will be made collaboratively by both institutions
This prestigious and highly selective programme consists of two years in France in the Sciences Po campus at Le Havre (Asia-Pacific Minor) and two years in Japan at the Economics department of Keio University, leading to a dual Bachelor degree.
This prestigious programme consists in two years in France on the Sciences Po campus at Le Havre (Asia-Pacific Minor) followed by two years in Japan at the Economy Faculty at Keio University, leading to a double degree Bachelor level. This double degree is entirely taught in English with a strong orientation towards economics. Reinforced classes in economics are mandatory during the students' education at Sciences Po. Non-Japanese students must learn Japanese as a second language.
This programme requires a great personal investment to be awarded the two Bachelor degrees. It requires a high proficiency in English and a strong interest in economics.
To achieve this goal, each year, we recruit candidates who are able:
- To show an excellent academic background ;
- To show a strong motivation for social sciences and humanities ;
- To be interested in French and international current events and contemporary issues ;
- To show one’spersonal commitment and team spirit ;
- To be able to mobilize and bring together relevant knowledge ;
- To demonstrate intellectual curiosity, reflection and critical thinking ;
- To show interest in innovation and multidisciplinarity;
- To know the Sciences Po educational project and its partner university ;
- To know the Sciences Po educational programme and Keio University ;
- To demonstrate a strong interest in this programme and in Japan ;
- To show interest in economics ;
- To have a high English proficiency.
The application to the dual degree programme constitutes a specific choice on the platform.
Applicants from foreign high schools, applying though the international admissions pathway, must submit their applications before 22 March 2023. They have to choose the programme as a first choice in their application form.
Please note that due to high selectivity, it is important that applicants indicate a second choice of Undergraduate programme at Sciences Po. Example: you can indicate the dual Bachelor with Keio University as a first choice and the English track Europe-Asia programme of our Sciences Po campus at Le Havre (Asia-Pacific Minor) as a second choice.
The admission process for this dual degree programme will be meeting the new and unique Sciences Po undergraduate admission procedure which consists of four separate but complementary evaluations:
- grades obtained on the French baccalaureate exams or foreign equivalent
- academic record and grades obtained over the last three years of secondary school
- two written pieces
- the interview
Acceptance to the program will be determined by a Sciences Po - University of Keio Dual Degree Admissions Committee.
The interviews will be conducted remotely, in visioconference. Candidates will be informed of their interview date & time by email.
Interviews will be held in May 2023.
Candidates who have obtained the necessary mark to the evaluation of their application file (first 3 evaluations) will be invited to an interview, which is the fourth and final evaluation for admission. One interview will be organized for both programmes selected in the Sciences Po application form.
Interviews will be organized from the end of January to mid-June 2023, depending on the date the application is submitted.
At the end of their programme of study, candidates will be awarded a bachelor degree from Sciences Po and Keio University.
Like other Sciences Po students, new degree-holders will then be able to enroll for the Masters programme of their choice in compliance with the relevant selection criteria.