The Paris School of International Affairs celebrates its 10th anniversary in 2020
We take this opportunity both to celebrate past achievements and, perhaps more importantly, to look to the future.
We are proud of the difference that our School has made over the past decade in training and shaping our students to be future global actors and, through them, to making the world a better, more secure place.
As we celebrate our achievements of the past decade, we also commit ourselves to an even more promising future !
Psia First 10 Years
Established in 2010, the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA) builds on Sciences Po’s century-long tradition of cultivating the minds of leading government officials, diplomats, and international stakeholders. Indeed, as early as 1872, the École libre des sciences politiques created a “section internationale”, of which 30% were foreign students.
10 Past Events
Providing our students with regular opportunities to challenge world leaders and scholars through our extensive series of public events is part of PSIA's DNA. We list here a selection of ten public events from our first 10 years, which demonstrate the breadth and richness of speakers.
- 2011 - Kofi Annan, Former Secretary-General of the United Nations, Nobel Prize Recipient
- 2012 - Mo Ibrahim, Chair of the Mo Ibrahim Foundation, Founder of Celtel International
- 2013 - Laurent Fabius, French Minister of Foreign Affairs, PSIA Inaugural Conference
- 2014 - The Elders, Jimmy Carter, former US President, Hana Jilani, Human Rights Defender and Mary Robinson, former Irish President
- 2015 - Irina Bokova, Director-General of UNESCO
- 2016 - Emmanuel Macron, Minister of Economy, Industry and Digital Affairs of France, Pascal Lamy, Interministerial Delegate for ExpoFrance 2025, Former Director-General of the World Trade Organization, Arancha González, Executive Director of the International Trade Center, Valérie Giscard d'Estaing, former President of France, Youth & Leaders Summit (Inaugural edition)
- 2017 - Alain Juppé and Dominique de Villepin, former Ministers of Foreign Affairs, former Prime Ministers, Hubert Védrine, former Minister of Foreign Affairs
- 2018 - One day, two heads of state:
- 2019 - Salomé Zourabichvili, President of Georgia