Certificate in Media & Communication
The Media & Communication is one-semester program (5 courses and 30 credits minimum) focused on contemporary issues. It is made up of three courses from the program, one French language course, an elective of their choice, and the Orientation week.
This certificate focused on analysis of news and events. In addition, it is a multidisciplinary program. Courses offered for the certificate approach issues from a broad range of disciplinary and methodological perspectives, including Media, Communication, Journalism, and Political Science. This is a vocational certificate.
Courses are taught by Sciences Po faculty members and experienced journalists on a national and international level.
The certificate gathered a small but dynamic group of international students (more than 15 students, 8 countries, and 4 continents in 2015/16). Most of courses are taught in English.
The ability to conduct transversal analysis of contemporary social and economic issues
- Job training in Journalism
- The ability to study in a multicultural and teamworking environment
- To acquire a strong background in social science methodology as well as in writing
- To learn to speak and write at an academic level in English and/or French
The certificate is for two profiles of students :
- those who seek to specialize in Journalism and Media, particularly with the aim of pursuing a master degree in this field.
- those who are interested in exploring a new field in addition to their primary focus.
Courses taught in recent semesters
- Media & Politics
- Basics of Journalism & Reporting about French culture
- Strategies of Influence
- Corporate Communication in the age of restructuring, crisis, and litigation
- Le journalisme politique
- Le pouvoir des images façonne-t-il notre vision du monde ?
How to Apply?
The Certificate is open to all students attending Sciences Po in an exchange program in Reims.
Applications should be submitted through the international office of your home university.