Dual Degree with the University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne (URCA)
Sciences Po and the University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne offer a dual diploma in life sciences, humanities and social sciences, entitled ‘Sustainable Societies and Environment’.
This dual degree is open to French and international candidates. Applicants are not required to have an academic background in the sciences in order to be considered for this dual programme in natural sciences and social sciences, offered on the Reims Campus. They must, above all, be able to prove their curiosity for issues relating to the environment, biodiversity and the challenges of ecological transition.
Before beginning an application, we invite all candidates to consult our website for information regarding the different admissions procedures, in order to find the one that best corresponds to their situation.
The double curriculum Sciences Po - University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne: Social Sciences and Sciences of the Living is a four year multidisciplinary education aiming the students to think about our planet’s dynamic and its actual issues.
Named “Durable Environment and Community” this curriculum is based on the study of human activities and biodiversity interactions. Its objective is to measure the environmental impact of social life and to find solutions to prevent this impact. It will permit to explore the question of the environmental quality, biodiversity and natural resources preservation as well as new perspectives for a bio-economy integrating prosperity and respect for the environment.
This double curriculum requires a great personal effort considering that its aim is the earning of two degrees.
To achieve this goal, each year, we recruit candidates who are able to:
- To show an excellent academic background.
- To show a strong motivation for social sciences and humanities.
- To be interested in French and international current events and contemporary issues.
- To show one’spersonal commitment and team spirit.
- To be able to mobilize and bring together relevant knowledge.
- To demonstrate intellectual curiosity, reflection and critical thinking ; to be fond of innovation and multidisciplinarity.
- To know the Sciences Po educational project and its partner university.
- Demonstrate excellent scientific skills and a strong interest in sciences particularly sciences of life and sciences of the environment.
- This curriculum aims to the acquisition of strong scientific competences that is why it mostly applies to students who followed a mathematics major in the final year of High School such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, SVT, biology or ecology.
The admission process for this double degree program is being finalized and will soon be published on our website.
The application to the dual degree programme constitutes a wish in itself.
International candidates have to choose the programme as a first choice in their application form.
Please note that due to high selectivity, it is important that applicants indicate a second choice of Undergraduate programme at Sciences Po.
The interviews will be conducted remotely, in visioconference. Candidates will be informed of their interview date & time by email.
If you are applying to the Sciences Po bachelor and to one or several dual degree programmes simultaneously, your applications will be assessed independently for each choice. Candidates who have obtained the necessary mark to the evaluation of their application file (first 3 evaluations) will be invited to several interviews, one for each choice made in the Parcoursup application.
The interviews will be conducted in May 2021.
Candidates who have obtained the necessary mark to the evaluation of their application file (first 3 evaluations) and assessed jointly by Sciences Po and the partner university will be invited to a separate interview for the dual degree, which is the fourth and final evaluation for admission.
Upon completion of this course, students are awarded Sciences Po’s Bachelor of Arts and Sciences degree and a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences from the University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne.
They then have the possibility of joining a Sciences Po master’s course of their choice, following the selection criteria for each course and in the same way as all Sciences Po’s undergraduates. Students may also choose to pursue master’s study at the URCA or at another French or international institution.