Dual degree with The University of Hong Kong
A dual degree programme is being offered jointly by Sciences Po and The University of Hong Kong. Admission decisions will be made jointly by both institutions.
This programme taught entirely in English requires a great personal investment to be awarded the two degrees. It requires a high proficiency in English.
To achieve this goal, each year, we recruit candidates who are able:
- To show an excellent academic background ;
- To show a strong motivation for social sciences and humanities ;
- To be interested in French and international current events and contemporary issues ;
- To show one’s personal commitment and team spirit.
- To be able to mobilize and bring together relevant knowledge.
- To demonstrate intellectual curiosity, reflection and critical thinking ;
- To show interest in innovation and multidisciplinarity.
- To know the Sciences Po educational project and its partner university.
- To know the Sciences Po educational program and Hong-Kong University.
- To have a high English proficiency.
The application to the dual degree programme constitutes a specific choice on the platform.
International candidates have to choose the dual degree programme as a first choice in their application form. They must submit their applications before 23 March 2022 and have to choose the programme as a first choice in their application form.
Please note that due to high selectivity, it is important that applicants indicate a second choice of Undergraduate programme at Sciences Po consistent with the campus chosen within the dual degree programme.
- 1st choice: the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean programme (English track) of our campus in Menton within the dual Bachelor with the University of Hong Kong
- 2nd choice: the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean programme (English track) of our campus in Menton
The admissions procedure for this dual degree program will follow Sciences Po’s undergraduate admissions procedure, which consists of four separate but complementary evaluations:
- grades obtained on the French baccalaureate exams or foreign equivalent
- academic record and grades obtained over the last three years of secondary school
- three written pieces
- the interview
Acceptance to the program will be determined by a Sciences Po - University of Hong Kong Dual Degree Admissions Committee.
The interviews will be conducted remotely. Candidates will be informed of their interview date & time by email.
If you are applying to the Sciences Po bachelor and to one or several dual degree programmes simultaneously, your applications will be assessed independently for each choice. Candidates who have obtained the necessary mark to the evaluation of their application file (first 3 evaluations) will be invited to several interviews, one for each choice made in the Parcoursup application.
The interviews will be conducted in May 2022.
Candidates who have obtained the necessary mark to the evaluation of their application file (first 3 evaluations) and assessed jointly by Sciences Po and the partner university will be invited to a separate interview for the dual degree, which is the fourth and final evaluation for admission.
Interviews will take place :
- from March 28 to April 1 for applicants who submit their complete application before 23 February 2022;
- from 9 to 13 May for applicants who submit their complete application before 23 March 2022.
Candidates must attach their scores for one of the following English tests :
- TOEFL (IBT) 100
- IELTS 7
At the end of their programme of study, candidates will be awarded a bachelor degree from Sciences Po and the University of Hong Kong.
Like other Sciences Po students, new degree-holders will then be able to enroll for the Masters programme of their choice in compliance with the relevant selection criteria.