Dual degree with The University of Hong Kong
A dual degree programme is being offered jointly by Sciences Po and The University of Hong Kong. Admission decisions will be made jointly by both institutions.
Sciences Po and the Hong Kong University offer a prestigious double curriculum composed of two years in France followed by two years at Hong-Kong leading to a double degree Bachelor level.
This program entirely anglophone requires a great personal effort considering that its aim is the earning of two degrees and requires a high proficiency in English.
- To achieve this goal, each year, we recruit candidates who are able to:
- To show an excellent academic background.
- To show a strong motivation for social sciences and humanities.
- To be interested in French and international current events and contemporary issues.
- To show one’spersonal commitment and team spirit.
- To be able to mobilize and bring together relevant knowledge.
- To demonstrate intellectual curiosity, reflection and critical thinking ;
- To be fond of innovation and multidisciplinarity.
- To know the Sciences Po educational project and its partner university.
- Know the Sciences Po educational program and Hong-Kong University.
- Have a high English proficiency.
The admission process for this dual degree program will be meeting the new and unique Sciences Po undergraduate admission procedure which consists of four separate but complementary evaluations:
- marks obtained on the French baccalaureate exams or foreign equivalent
- academic record and marks obtained over the last three years of secondary school
- three written pieces
- the interview
Acceptance to the program will be determined by a Sciences Po - University of Hong Kong Dual Degree Admissions Committee.
The application to the dual degree programme constitutes a wish in itself.
International candidates have to choose the dual degree programme as a first choice in their application form.
Please note that due to high selectivity, it is important that applicants indicate a second choice consistent with the campus chosen for the dual degree programme.
- 1st choice : The Middle Eastern and Medditeranean programme (English track) of our campus in Menton within the dual Bachelor with HKU
- 2nd choice : The Middle Eastern and Medditeranean programme (English track) of our campus in Menton
The interviews will be conducted remotely, in visioconference. Candidates will be informed of their interview date & time by email.
If you are applying to the Sciences Po bachelor and to one or several dual degree programmes simultaneously, your applications will be assessed independently for each choice. Candidates who have obtained the necessary mark to the evaluation of their application file (first 3 evaluations) will be invited to several interviews, one for each choice made in the Parcoursup application.
The interviews will be conducted in May 2021.
Candidates who have obtained the necessary mark to the evaluation of their application file (first 3 evaluations) will be invited to an interview, which is the fourth and final evaluation for admission. One interview will be organized for both programmes selected in the Sciences Po application form.
Two interview sessions will be organized :
- First session: 22-26 March, 2021 (to assess applications submitted on or before 28 February, 2021)
- Second session: 31 May - 4 June, 2021 (to assess applications submitted on or before 25 April, 2021)
Candidates must attach their scores for one of the following English tests :
- TOEFL (IBT) 100
- IELTS 7
International candidates have to choose the programme as a first choice in their application form.
Please note that due to high selectivity, it is important that applicants indicate a second choice of Undergraduate programme at Sciences Po consistent with the campus chosen within the dual degree programme.
- 1st choice: the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean programme (English track) of our campus in Menton within the dual Bachelor with the University of Hong Kong
- 2nd choice: the Middle Eastern and Mediterranean programme (English track) of our campus in Menton
At the conclusion of their programme of study, candidates will earn Sciences Po's Bachelor degree as well as one of three possible degrees from The University of Hong Kong : Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Social Sciences or Bachelor of Business Administration.
Like other Sciences Po students, new degree-holders will then be able to matriculate for the Masters programme of their choice in compliance with the relevant selection criteria.
Contact at Sciences Po : Alexandre Mariani