Printers & copiers
Multifunction copiers are available for use on every campuses. They support black & white or color, A4 and A3 formats.
You can print from all self-service computers available on your campus using your student, faculty or staff card or your Sciences Po credentials.
Print jobs will stay available for 6 hours before being deleted.
You can also print from your personal computer, providing you are connected to the Sciences Po wifi - SciencesPo-Secure - or wire network.
Each campus has its own online printing url:
- Paris : https://imprimer.sciencespo.fr (FR)
- Dijon : https://imprimer.dijon.sciencespo.fr (FR)
- Le Havre : https://imprimer.havre.sciencespo.fr (FR)
- Menton : https://imprimer.menton.sciencespo.fr (FR)
- Poitiers : https://imprimer.poitiers.sciencespo.fr (FR)
- Reims : https://imprimer.reims.sciencespo.fr (FR)
You can scan documents in color and send them automatically to your Sciences Po email address using the “Numérisation vers courriel” function.
Cost of printing and copying for students
An annual quota is issued personally to each student (tantamount to 600 black & white A4 pages). Therefore, you must log in on the copier using your student card or your Sciences Po credentials and associated password. Please note that copies in color and A3 format are more expensive. Once you have exhausted your quota, you must buy additional credit using the secured online website: https://pmv.sciencespo.fr/ (same url for all campuses).
- Students: User Guide - Printing and Copying 101 (pdf, 421 kb)
- Faculty: User Guide - Printing and Copying 101 (pdf, 356 kb)
- Staff: User Guide - Printing and Copying 101 (pdf in French, 421 kb)
What Sciences Po has done
Sciences Po has rationalized the printing facilities it provides for the campus community to minimize the cost of consumables (electricity, ink, paper, etc.):
- In 2009, Sciences Po replaced its stand-alone printers with networked photocopiers.
- Your documents are thus not printed directly from your terminal. A secure system stores your printing requests and you must log in on the photocopier terminal to launch the printing task.
What you can do
- Print only when absolutely necessary.
- Get into the habit of consulting digital content on the screen rather than on paper.
- Recycle the reverse side of your printouts for use as scrap paper (this can serve as a good alternative to notebooks).
- Print double-sided whenever possible.
- Print several pages on each sheet of paper: File > Print > Properties > Field “Favorite settings” = “2 in 1”.
- Before printing, select the pages you need using “View before printing”: for example, you can decide not to print the last page if it contains unimportant information, or, in some cases, you can reduce the scale to fit the content on fewer pages.
- If your document is longer than 10 pages, select the “booklet” format, which will produce a nice brochure: File > Print > Properties > "My tab" > Type of printing: "Booklet"
- Minimize color printing
For any assistance or troubleshooting, please contact the Helpdesk.