How to Apply
Covid-19 Information: Due to the global Covid-19 outbreak, we have made the decision to cancel the June 2020 session of the University Programme and move a selection of the July session courses online.
The Summer School is currently accepting applications for the 2020 University Programme. Applications may only be submitted via Sciences Po's online application platform.
Application timeline and deadlines
The University Programme has rolling admissions; the admission jury meets regularly and candidates may expect to receive a response approximately two weeks after submitting a complete application.
Courses are open to admitted students on a first-come, first-served basis and will be closed when they are full. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply in advance to ensure availability in their first-choice class, if they are admitted. Please note that several courses offered in Summer 2019 were closed after reaching maximum enrolment and not all admitted candidates were able to choose their first-choice class.
The final deadline to submit an application for the 2020 University Programme is 5 June 2020.
ONLINE APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
All applications must be completed via the Sciences Po online application platform. Once you have created your account, it is essential to carefully read the instructions at the beginning of the application. You can return to these instructions at any time during your application by clicking on the drop-down link “Help” under your name in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen.
Information required to complete an application
Candidates will need to provide the following information and documents as part of their application:
- Personal information (name, address, etc.)
- Identity card or passport
- Identity photo
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic background information:
- Certificate of enrolment (if currently a student)
- Academic transcript (required for current students, recommended for graduates)
- Copy of previous diploma(s) obtained (if applicable)
- Professional background information (if applicable)
- Language level verification for candidates who are not native English speakers and/or who need to demonstrate their French level for the French language track. Find a list of accepted language level verifications on the Eligibility page.
- Explanation of motivation: this is an opportunity for you to explain your goals for your course of study at the Sciences Po Summer School. The text space is limited to 1000 words or less. We strongly encourage candidates to prepare their response in advance of logging on so as to streamline your application process and to give due thought to this critical component of your Summer School application.