How to Apply
The application for the 2021 University Programme will open in January 2021. To be informed when the application opens, please subscribe to our newsletter.
Application timeline and deadlines
All applications to the Summer School must be completed via Sciences Po's online application platform.
The University Programme has rolling admissions; the admission jury meets regularly and candidates may expect to receive a response approximately two weeks after submitting a complete application.
Courses are open to admitted students on a first-come, first-served basis and will be closed when they are full. Candidates are therefore encouraged to apply in advance to ensure availability in their first-choice class, if they are admitted. Please note that several courses offered in Summer 2020 were closed after reaching maximum enrolment and not all admitted candidates were able to choose their first-choice class.
The final deadlines to submit an application for the 2021 University Programme are:
- June session: mid-April 2021
- July session: mid-May 2021
Information required to complete an application
Candidates will need to provide the following information and documents as part of their application:
- Personal information (name, address, etc.)
- Identity card or passport
- Identity photo
- Curriculum Vitae
- Academic background information:
- Certificate of enrolment (if currently a student)
- Academic transcript (required for current students, recommended for graduates)
- Copy of previous diploma(s) obtained (if applicable)
- Professional background information (if applicable)
- Language level verification for candidates who are not native English speakers and/or who need to demonstrate their French level for the French language track. Find a list of accepted language level verifications on the Eligibility page.
- Explanation of motivation: this is an opportunity for you to explain your goals for your course of study at the Sciences Po Summer School. The text space is limited to 1000 words or less. We strongly encourage candidates to prepare their response in advance of logging on so as to streamline your application process and to give due thought to this critical component of your Summer School application.
APPLICATION PROCESSING FEE
A non-refundable 40€ application fee must be paid upon submission of your application. Payment is only by credit card on the application platform.