Age and Education Requirements
The Pre-College Programme is open to students currently enrolled in secondary school, and who will still be enrolled in secondary school in Fall 2021. Candidates have to be at least 15 years old at the time of the programme.
Candidates in their final year of secondary school, who will obtain their secondary diploma by Summer 2021, are not eligible for the Pre-College Programme. These candidates are invited to apply to the University Programme.
For more information on the language levels, download an explanation of the CEFR levels (in English and French, PDF, 140Ko).
English language requirement
The principle language of the academic programme is English, which is the language of instruction for all tutorials, all Master Classes, and most elective classes. Students are therefore required to demonstrate advanced (high Level B2-C1) proficiency in English.
Candidates who are not native English speakers may demonstrate their proficiency in English in one of three ways:
Option 1: provide an official language certification taken within the last three years.
The following tests and minimum scores are accepted:
- TOEFL (IBT): 90 - Comprehension (Reading + Listening) minimum: 46 ; Expression (Speaking + Writing) minimum: 44.
- IELTS: 6.5, no subscore under 5.5
- TOEIC - "Listening and reading": 945/990 ; "Speaking and writing" : 310/400
- Cambridge English: First (CEF) - "Reading" and "Listening": grade A (minimum:180) ; "Use of English", "Writing" and "Speaking" minimum: grade B (minimum: 173)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE)
- Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE)
Option 2: provide proof of at least two years of study entirely taught in English. This includes:
- An academic transcript showing at least two years of courses entirely taught in English.
- A diploma from an English-speaking institution.
Please note that two years of English language courses alone are not sufficient.
Option 3: complete a Summer School language assessment and upload it as part of your application file.
Optional: Elective course taught in French
In 2020, the Pre-College Programme offers one social sciences elective class taught in French, for which a minimum level of B2 proficiency in French was required.
Option 1, for all levels of French: provide an official language certification taken within the last three years. For French, the following tests are accepted:
- TCFOption 2, for a minimum B2 level of French: provide proof of at least two years of study entirely taught in French. This includes:
- An academic transcript showing at least two years of courses entirely taught in French.Option 3, for all levels of French: complete a Summer School language assessment and upload it as part of your application file.