Our project partners
Commissioning organisations: partners in a unique educational experience
Practical experience plays a pivotal role in the Urban School's Master's programmes. The projects that punctuate the programme require students to organise as a group to respond to a partner's commission in real-world conditions. They prepare students for the constraints of professional practice, teach them to work as a team, and provide a constantly intense student experience.
For the commissioning organisations, it is a way to participate directly in acquainting future graduates with reality. Partnerships are open to all types of public and private organisations and can take many forms:
- Proposing a group project to students in the Regional and Urban Strategy programme and in the Governing Ecological Transitions in European Cities programme. Starting in first year, students work for a "real" client for one and a half days a week over 5-9 months, on a strategic issue for the company or institution.
- Proposing a capstone project for students in the Governing the Large Metropolis programme: for students aiming for careers in the governance of the world's major cities, the capstone project is an opportunity to conduct field research in response to a client's problem.
- Working in real-world conditions with students in the Urban Planning Programme. Students in this programme, which trains real estate, land use and urban planning specialists, work for several months on projects for clients, including group projects, urban planning or development projects (urban project management) or topical research on the city.
- Supporting the professionals in the Executive Master of Regional Governance and Urban Development by tutoring a "metroproject". This training experience in group project management is supervised by a tutor who is an expert in the field.
Diverse commissioning organisations
- Aix Marseille Provence Métropole
- Bouygues Construction
- Chaire santé de Sciences Po
- Chaire Villes et Numérique de Sciences Po
- Chaire Villes, Immobilier, Logement de Sciences Po
- EPA Sénart
- EPT Boucles de Seine
- France Ville Durable
- Institut pour la Recherche de la Caisse des dépôts
- Plaine Commune Développement
- Rennes Métropole