Master in Marketing
- Master in Marketing's Students ©Marta Nascimento
The Master in Marketing prepares students for careers in all areas of marketing and in entrepreneurship. Whether in start-ups, SMEs, or large companies, the marketing profession involves constant change and innovation. Digital technology and new business models have profoundly altered consumer behaviour, paths to purchase, and brand and service relationships. New marketing jobs are emerging, and these require new skills.
In keeping with the School of Management and Innovation’s educational approach, the Master in Marketing programme combines social science theory and method with specialist technical expertise and digital skills. Our graduates are equipped with the cross-cutting competencies—strong analytical skills, creativity, and the ability to innovate—and knowledge they need to enhance customer relations and play a key part in business transformation.
The programme is structured to allow gradual specialisation. The first year focuses primarily on the theoretical concepts and principles of social science, management, and marketing.
- The first semester consists of cross-cutting courses in management and social sciences, and core courses in marketing. These give you the foundation you need to then choose a specialisation.
- In the second semester, you will take specialist courses of your choice on current and emerging practices in marketing.
- In workshops throughout the year, you will develop practical skills that can be immediately applied in the workplace.
You have the opportunity to take a gap year between the two years of the Master’s programme to enhance your employability and explore career options, or enrich your education at a partner university abroad.
The second-year courses have a strong professional focus, with a large number of electives, business games and case studies, and specialist modules in sectors such as luxury and innovation.
In second year, students can choose between:
- six months’ study at Sciences Po followed by a six-month final internship
- a year of dual education (apprenticeship): one day of classes and four days working in a company each week for the first six months, then one day of classes every two weeks while you write a dissertation based on your apprenticeship.
- First Year, Semester 1 (fr.)
- First Year, Semester 2 (fr.)
- Second Year, Semesters 3 and 4 (fr.)
- Second Year, apprenticeship, Semester 3 (fr.)
- Second Year, apprenticeship, Semester 4 (fr.)
Jobs and careers
The Master in Marketing trains students for positions in strategic and operational marketing, entrepreneurship, digital marketing, consulting, market research, and marketing in the luxury, non-profit, cultural, and public sectors.
Throughout the programme, you will benefit from the School’s links with business and industry. Part of the teaching is delivered by marketing practitioners and students are primed to enter the job market with job information sessions and visits to companies.
Nearly 60% of Master in Marketing students are offered a job before they graduate. 80% of graduates are employed within six months of graduation.