- Alumni & Donors
- About us
- Core curriculum
- Master in International Management and Sustainability
- Master in Finance and Strategy
- Master in Organizational Behaviour and Human Resources
- Master in Innovation & Digital Transformation
- Master Communications, Media and Creative Industries
- Master Marketing: New Luxury & Art de Vivre
- Joint Master of Law and Finance
- One-year master's programmes
- Dual degrees
Home > Education > Dual degrees > Dual degree with AgroParisTech (Paris Institute of Technology for Life, Food and Environmental Sciences)
Dual degree with AgroParisTech (Paris Institute of Technology for Life, Food and Environmental Sciences)
Sciences Po has partnered with AgroParisTech to offer a dual Master's degree programme. AgroParisTech's mission is to train future engineers and decision-makers in the fields of life, food and environmental sciences, in order to make a significant contribution to the challenges of sustainably feeding a growing population, preserving natural resources and supporting innovation.
The objective is to offer AgroParisTech engineering students and Sciences Po students the means to acquire dual expertise that will be recognised on the labour market.
The dual degree programme takes three years. For Sciences Po students, it is organised as follows:
- The first year takes place at Sciences Po. Students complete the courses for the first-year curriculum of their chosen Master's programme.
- The second and third years take place at AgroParisTech.
There are four concentrations available: Sustainable production, networks and land; Engineering of food products, biomolecules and energy; Environmental engineering and management; Engineering and health: man, biological products and the environment
Once they have completed the courses at both institutions and satisfied all course requirements, students are awarded a Sciences Po Master's degree and a Master's level engineering degree from AgroParisTech.
This dual degree is designed for students seeking expertise in the health, environment, energy or sustainable development sectors so they can work towards developing efficient, sustainable responses to contemporary global challenges—particularly those caused by climate change.
Only those Sciences Po students currently in the first year of their Master’s at the Paris School of International Affairs (PSIA), School of Public Affairs, School of Management and Innovation or the Urban School are eligible for this dual degree programme.
You are allowed to apply only once during your curriculum. This application shall take place the year before the admission, so you are invited to apply either during the first year of your Master or during your gap year. In case of admission, it won't be possible to postpone it.
If you are currently enrolled in a dual degree, you are note allowed to stand for another program and your application will be declared inadmissible.
To apply, you must imperatively have had some science education at undergraduate level, either at Sciences Po as part of a dual programme at the Undergraduate College, or at another institution before being admitted to Sciences Po at graduate level.
The application must be sent by midday, Friday 15th February 2019 to the following address: email@example.com.
No application submitted after this date will be considered.
Calendar for the admissions procedure
- Late January: information meeting about the dual degree with the programme coordinators
- Friday 15th February 2019 at midday: application deadline
- From mid-February to mid-March: applications evaluated by Sciences Po programme coordinators
- Mid-March 2018: pre-selection results
- Second half of March: interviews with partner school’s programme coordinators
- Late March / early April at the latest: admission results announced
Each year, students are required to pay the tuition and registration fees for the institution they will attend that academic year. A student from Sciences Po pays Sciences Po fees in the first year and the AgroParisTech fees for the next two years.
Students admitted to the dual degree programme may be eligible for needs-based financial aid, including fee waivers.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Three-year Dual-Degree
- Language: French