ERC Project PARTICIPATE, ANR Project Destination_MOON, Co-Director of LIEPP’s “Evaluation of Democracy” research group, CEPR Research Fellow
Julia CAGÉ is Assistant Professor of Economics (tenure-track) at the Department since 2014. In 2018 she became the Co-director of LIEPP's "Evaluation of Democracy" research group. She is also a CEPR Research Affiliate.
Her research focuses on political economy, industrial organization and economic history. She is particularly interested in media economics, political participation and political attitudes. Her research has been published in a number of peer-reviewed international journals such as The Review of Economic Studies, the American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, the American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, Explorations in Economic History, the Journal of International Economics, and the European Economic Review. She is already the author of several books accessible to the general public: "Saving the Media - Capitalism, Crowdfunding, and Democracy" (Le Seuil, 2015; Harvard University Press, 2016) and "L’information à tout prix" (joint with N. Hervé and M.-L. Viaud, INA Editions, 2017). Her third book « Le prix de la démocratie » was published in 2018 by Fayard (English edition, Harvard University Press, 2020).
After completing her university studies at Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS) and Paris School of Economics, Julia Cagé obtained her PhD at Harvard University in 2014.
Political Economy, Economic History, International Trade, Industrial Organization, Development Economics
+33 (0)1 45 49 52 68
J 401 ter
- Media Competition and News Diets
- The Production of Information in an Online World
- Media competition, information provision and political participation:Evidence from French local newspapers and elections, 1944–2014
- Newspapers in Times of Low Advertising Revenues
- Tax Revenues and the Fiscal Cost of Trade Liberalization, 1792-2006
- Le prix de la démocratie
- Tax revenues and the fiscal cost of trade liberalization, 1792–2006
- The Price of a Vote: Evidence from France, 1993-2014
- The Production of Information in an Online World: Is Copy Right?
- Qui possède les médias ?
See all publications