Professor of Economics at UCL, Senior Member of the Institut Universitaire de France (IUF), ANR Project OMWD , Econometric Society Fellow
Jean-Marc ROBIN joined the Department in 2010 as Professor of Economics and served as Chair from 2013 to 2018. He is also Professor of Economics (part-time) at University College London and a team member of the Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice (CEMMAP) at the Institute for Fiscal Studies (IFS).
Jean-Marc Robin is also a Fellow of the Econometric Society and an elected member of its Council as well as of the Council of the European Economic Association. In 2018 he became a Founding Fellow of the International Association for Applied Econometrics.
As of Fall 2019, Jean-Marc ROBIN is a Senior Member of the prestigious Institut universitaire de France (IUF).
His research interests focus on microeconometrics, labour microeconomics and search and matching. In 2010 he was awarded the prestigious ERC Advanced Grant for his project "Wage Dynamics, Sorting Patterns in Labour Markets and Policy Evaluation" (WASP). He regularly publishes in the "Top Five" international journals - Econometrica, the Review of Economic Studies, etc. He was a Co-Editor of both Econometrica and the Econometrics Journal for many years.
Before joining Sciences Po's permanent faculty he was Professor of Economics at the University of Paris I, an Associate Chair at the Paris School of Economics and Director of Research at the Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA).
Microeconometrics, Labour Economics
+33 (0)1 45 49 72 43
- Matching models with and without frictions: applications to the economics of the family
- Les effets de la conjoncture sur les appariements entre emplois et employés
- Nonparametric estimation of non-exchangeable latent-variable models
- Household labour supply and the marriage market in the UK, 1991-2008
- The Macrodynamics of Sorting between Workers and Firms
- Grade Retention and Unobserved Heterogeneity
- Matching, Sorting, and Wages
- Labor market reforms and unemployment dynamics
- The Macro-Dynamics of Sorting between Workers and Firms
- Estimating Multivariate Latent-Structure Models
See all publications