Director of the Chair "Sécurisation des parcours professionnels", IZA Research Fellow, CEPR Research Fellow, Member of the Groupe d'experts chargé d'apprécier les effets économiques et sociaux de l'extension des conventions collectives
Pierre CAHUC is Professor of Economics at the Department which he joined in 2018. He is a Research Fellow at CEPR as well as at IZA, where he directs the "Labour Markets" research programme. He also directs Sciences Po's Chair Sécurisation des parcours professionnels. He is senior editor of Economic Policy and editor of the IZA Journal of Labor Economics. He was a member of the Conseil d'Analyse Economique from 2006 to 2010 and from 2012 to 2016.
Prior to joining the Department, he was Professor at École Polytechnique and at École nationale de la statistique et de l'administration économique (ENSAE), where he was the Head of Economic Research at CREST as well as Director of CREST’s Macroeconomic Laboratory.
- "The Difficult School-to-Work Transition of High School Dropouts: Evidence from a Field Experiment" (with Stéphane Carcillo and Andreea Minea). Journal of Human Resources, volume 56(1), pp 159-183, winter 2021, VoxEu Column
- "Taxation of Temporary Jobs: Good Intentions with Bad Outcomes?" (with Olivier Charlot, Franck Malherbet, Hélène Benghalem and Emeline Limon). The Economic Journal, Volume 130, Issue 626, February 2020, pp. 422–445.
- "The Effectiveness of Hiring Credits" (with Stéphane Carcillo and Thomas Le Barbanchon). The Review of Economic Studies, vol 86(2), March 2019, pp. 593–626. Vox Eu Column
- "Trust and the Welfare State: The Twin Peaks Curve" (with Yann Algan and Marc Sangnier). The Economic Journal, vol 126, pp 861-883, June 2016 . Online appendix. Data. Vox Eu Column
- "Inherited Trust and Growth" (with Yann Algan). American Economic Review, Vol. 100, December 2010 : 2060–2092.
- "Family Values and the Regulation of Labor" (with Alberto Alesina, Yann Algan and Paola Giuliano). Journal of the European Economic Association, August 2015, 13(4), pp. 599-630.
- "The Detaxation of Overtime Hours: Lessons from the French Experiment" (with Stéphane Carcillo). Journal of Labor Economics, Vol. 32, No. 2, April 2014, pp. 361-400. Vox EU Column
- "Regulation and Distrust" (with Philippe Aghion, Yann Algan and Andrei Shleifer). Quarterly Journal of Economics, August 2010, Vol. 125, No. 3, pp. 1015–1049. Online Appendix.
- "Wage Bargaining with On-the-Job Search: A Structural Econometric Model" (with Fabien Postel-Vinay and Jean-Marc Robin). Econometrica, 2006, 74(2), pp. 323-64.
- Labor Economics 2nd Edition, with Stéphane Carcillo and André Zylberberg, 1021 p, MIT Press, 2014.
Unemployment, Macroeconomics, Labour Markets
+33 (0)1 45 49 59 81
- The Effectiveness of Hiring Credits
- Wage Insurance, Part-Time Unemployment Insurance and Short-Time Work in the XXI Century
- France: Social protection for the self-employed
- Essays on the social inclusion of young people. Family and labor market pathways
- Trust and the Welfare State: the Twin Peaks Curve
- Family Values and the Regulation of Labor
- Youth Unemployment in France
- Améliorer l'assurance chômage
- Labor Economics
- Un drame : une société de défiance ?
See all publications